Part 10

They made their way to his old apartment.

"What a charming little homestead." Klaus said but the door handle was gone.

Amelia used her magic to open the door.

When they walked in, Amelia could sense someone there.

"Do you feel that? Is anybody here?" Klaus said.

"It's been vacant for decades. People must break in all the time. Why did you bring me here?" Stefan said.

"Your friend, Liam Grant the one who drank his wife's blood, we could never figure out why you wanted his name. And then you told me your little secret. It was all part of your special little ritual."

"To write it down." Stefan whispered.

"And relive the kill over and over again." Klaus said. He walked over to the bookshelf but it turned into a door. He held it open and Stefan walked in but when it opened, Amelia could sense something. She didn't know what it was.

"You believe me now?" Klaus said.

Stefan looked in the room and Klaus furrowed his eyebrows at Amelia, "why are you so quiet?"

"Mmh. Nothing." Amelia said, she slowly walked into the room.

Stefan's eyes were wide open when he saw that Amelia had seen Elena. Elena looked petrified.

Amelia smirked at the two. "Hey, look what I've found." She said.

Elena looks terrified and Stefan looked like he wanted to rip her head off.

She picked up a bottle of alcohol and showed it to Klaus. "1918, single malt." She said.

"My favourite." Klaus said.

"Why else do you think I picked it." Amelia jokingly said.

"Let's go find someone to pair it with." Klaus said.

"I want a beer." Amelia said.

Stefan was staring at her in disbelief. "Why didn't she tell him?" He thought.

"Of course. Anything for you." Klaus smirked.

***

They were sitting at Gloria's bar when she handed them each a beer.

"Where's Rebekah?" She asked.

"She'll be here. I can't just conjure her on demand." Klaus said. He looked at Stefan, who was looking at the table, "what's with you? I thought Chicago was your playground."

Stefan looked up and quickly glanced at Amelia who was smiling at him. He was trying to figure out why she hadn't told Klaus that Elena is still alive. "This is why you asked me to be your wingman? Because you liked the way that I tortured innocent people."

"That's certainly half of it." Klaus said.

"What's the other half?" Stefan asked.

"The other half, Stefan, is that you used to want to be my wingman. To friendship." He said and he took a shot.

Stefan looked behind him and saw Damon. He excused himself from Klaus and Amelia.

Amelia knew he was up to something. She downed a shot, "I'll be right back. Gonna head to the bathroom." She said.

Klaus grabbed her hand and pulled her back, "what's wrong with you, love?"

"I'm- I'm trying to figure something out. I'll tell you soon enough." She said as she kissed him in the cheek and sped away.