I AM A KILLER : CHAPTER 63 ♦ AGENDA

Yin Xu Dong half laid by the bed, caressing Zhuo Xiao Xuan's forehead once in a while to check if she had any symptoms of a fever. After which, he checked his thick medical textbook; he should study harder. He didn't want to be unable to do anything when she's injured—like now—save for staring helplessly at her.

When Zhuo Xiao Xuan opened her eyes after feeling her phone placed by her pillow vibrating, she saw Yin Xu Dong leaning against the bed, his head nodding away once in a while. She extracted a hand from under her bed to take the phone and looked at the notification. After she finished reading the secret message that was encoded with all sorts of languages, she sighed silently. Z organisation was not very not dissatisfied with her failure this time.

Zhuo Xiao Xuan didn't expect that she would meet that person—You Ming*. 

* 幽冥 = dark/hell/netherworld

She had been searching for a time machine desperately. The more she found out about the time machines, the lower the possibility, she realised, for her to return to her previous world—it was just an impossible dream. Though You Ming's appearance had caused her to fail her mission, their unexpected encounter was worth it for her from another perspective.

She checked the time, it was already two in the morning. She kicked Yin Xu Dong who was asleep with her feet.

Yin Xu Dong woke up with a startle. Rubbing his eyes, he climbed over to ask, still in a daze: "You want water?"

Warmth surged at Zhuo Xiao Xuan. She said, her voice tinged with a rare warmth and gentleness instead of the chilly tone she frequented: "Come up the bed of you want to sleep."

Yin Xu Dong pinched his slightly stuffed nose, glancing at Zhuo Xiao Xuan, a little embarrassed. "We, we aren't married yet, won't it be too early to sleep together?"

Zhuo Xiao Xuan pulled the covers off. "You sleep, I'm leaving."

"What?! You're leaving? Where are you going? Your injuries aren't healed yet!"

"Enh, I have to go back." 

Yin Xu Dong's head drooped. He only raised it after a long while. He asked, very hurt: "I'm very useless aren't I? I wasn't able to help you at all." 

Zhuo Xiao Xuan's gaze swept past the several thick medical textbooks, her gaze softening. "You're very hardworking. I'll let you dress my wounds in the future very soon."

"Bah! Idiot! You won't get hurt in the future!" Yin Xu Dong grabbed both her wrists and brought it to his mouth, giving them a light kiss. "You need to be careful, careful and more careful... can I ask you a favour?"

"What?"

Yin Xu Dong's eyes flashed. "I know the job you're doing at the moment is very dangerous, but if you meet with an extremely dangerous or difficult situation, can you save yourself first, mindless of everything else, and come back safely to me? I know I'm being selfish, but..." He would never let Zhuo Xiao Xuan go on such dangerous missions no matter what, and what's more was that the organisation, , even if it's a state-affiliated, wasn't that clean either.

"Alright, I promise you." To her, this wasn't a very demanding request, for she wasn't a magnanimous person to begin with. She was only working for Z organisation, not selling her soul for them. She'd never thought of sacrificing her life to complete a mission in the first place; she would chose to flight over fight should the situation become difficult. The jobs Z organisation were doing weren't the cleanest anyway. As a pawn utilised by the organisation, she really had no need to put her life on the line when she's using them to achieve her goal at the same time.