I AM A KILLER: CHAPTER 10 ♦ THE REUNION OF DAGGERS

Yin Xu Dong saw Qin Ke Xuan sitting in front of her desk reading a book the moment he entered. Was she still a person? Waking up before dawn breaks to train was understandable, but now, studying before dawn breaks?

After leaning towards Qin Ke Xuan to look at the book she was reading, he almost fainted. His facial expression twitched, "Dear Shi Fu, are you trying to review the old?"

"You are no longer my disciple."

Yin Xu Dong rubbed his face, deciding to ignore the primary one language textbook in her hand. "Qin Ke Xuan! You can't be like this! Didn't you promise me! How can you expel me from your sect just because I farted?! Didn't we agree that I was to help you with your studies and you teach me your martial arts?!"

Qin Ke Xuan, upon hearing the "fart" word, tightened her grip; she really had the urge to throttle this fellow...

Yin Xu Dong continued to say, as though guiding her patiently and systematically, "You see, humans eat the five crops*, how would one not fart? You fart too right? Then that's right, we're all people, farting is a very normal thing. You can't judge me through tinted windows; I just couldn't hold it in at that time. Next time, I definitely will not fart again!"

(T/N: "五谷" = "five crops" namely millet, soybean, sesame, barley, rice or other variants of grains)

Qin Ke Xuan's veins throbbed, "If you don't shut up, you will not even have the chance to fart in the future!"

For a killer to have her emotions easily stirred up was not a good sign.

Yin Xu Dong opened his mouth, but when he saw the book in Qin Ke Xuan's hands already distorted, he quickly did a zipping his mouth gesture, and shut up, except that he stood there stubbornly unwilling to give up.

Qin Ke Xuan gently flattened the textbook and started studying the Pinyin* conscientiously.

(T/N: "拼音" = "Pinyin"; Hanyu Pinyin is the transliteration system the Chinese people use)

... mouth opened widely o o o*, the white swan looking into the mirror, mouth pursed flatly e e e*...

(T/N: Qin Ke Xuan is practising the sounds of the vowels in Hanyu Pinyin that comes in a poem/verse which usually rhymes)

What the heck was with all these random symbols! Why was there a need to fit every character with these meaningless symbols?! With regards to this place's knowledge and culture, Qin Ke Xuan felt beyond helpless, but in order to find out why these strange happenings occurred on her, she had to learn these.

Qin Ke Xuan picked up the book and pushed it in front of Yin Xu Dong, pointing at the paragraph of words, "Read."

The current Yin Xu Dong, with the thought of sucking up to her in his head, did not care how strange it was for her to have him read rhymes and riddles children learn, opened his mouth and started: "... mouth opened widely o o o, the white swan looking into the mirror, mouth pursed flatly e e e ..."

The nursery rhymes were easy, so Qin Ke Xuan remembered it after hearing once. As long as she remembered how to pronounce it and match them to the words, Qin Ke Xuan was able to grasp a general understanding of the relationship between the Pinyin and the words.

Afterwards was Math. This seemed to be more challenging, as all the symbols were pretty much unfamiliar to her.

Yin Xu Dong, upon seeing Qin Ke Xuan frowning, asked smilingly at the most timely moment: "Shi Fu? Do you need help?" He was actually commenting in his head, wondering why Qin Ke Xuan was starting from primary school stuff. What was the situation? It seemed unlikely she had become dumb, it felt more like those drama plots where someone loses their memories, but he did not hear about her hitting her head during the car accident! Unless to say her brain cells grew on her legs and it got rammed away by the car?