I AM A KILLER : CHAPTER 47 ♦ (SPOILER TITLE)

"How can you not have sung before? We need to sing the military song every day at the base." Someone pointed out in suspicion.

Qin Ke Xuan tong xue shrugged. "Fine, all I can sing is Strength In Unity." After being thoroughly ear-washed by their howlings and wailings of this song every day, she, too, managed to pick it up.

"..."

"Sing another song. Everyne in the military's already sick of this one."

"All I know is this. I don't know others." Qin Ke Xuan firmed her position. Singing? Sure, she'll sing the song everyone sang every day, if not, don't anyone think of pushing her onto the stage to perform.

"What about dancing then?" Number 12 suggested. In response to that, he received a magnificent eye roll from Qin Ke Xuan. She might as well go and die rather than standing on the stage and twisting her body in all sorts of shapes coyly.

And so, even when the Art Troupe started their greeting performance, they had still not found a solution to the problem. Other than the sentry guards that were not on their shifts, all the others soldiers in the SF that managed to get a day off came to watch the performance.

Qin Ke Xuan and the group of recruits followed Xiao Xie Lieutenant into the hall and saw Hé Company Commander. Hé Company Commander was talking to one of the young officers in the Arts Troupe. The recruits standing beside her sent gazes of envy at that officer. Qin Ke Xuan noticed an epaulette* on his shoulders. It had a dark blue-grey field as base, with two gold lines and a star insignia in between.

* 肩章 = epaulette; an ornamental fringed shoulder pad worn as a part of a military uniform

"That's a major man, when can I become a major?" Number 1 sighed in envy.

"Hah, you might just become one eight to ten years later mate."

"In my opinion, that guy's definitely got some strong background going on, someone in the higher ranks definitely. I mean look at him, he's around our age but already a major!" The recruits, excluding Qin Ke Xuan, were just a bunch of youths in their twenties. Hence when speaking of that, envy, along with tinges of resentment, was somewhat evident in their tone.

"Keep being salty. Who's fault is it, not borning into a family with a background?"

"..."

It was rare that they were able to get a day off, hence the higher ranked officers very laxly closed an eye on things. Everyone was chatting excitedly.

Qin Ke Xuan sat in a corner. Even though the soldiers had lowered their voice a lot, she could still very clearly hear the pile of people from the other squads sitting on the other side discussing who it was that had been in charge for picking up the Arts Troupe people and how pretty the female soldiers they saw were. There had been a female soldier that was especially pretty. Following which, the other soldiers let out sighs of regret. In the end, they'd even brought up her name.

"Is the recruit Qin Ke Xuan or the female soldier you said prettier?"

"That... is hard to say. You can't compare the two of them, they have very different disposition. But, I personally prefer that female soldier more. Gentler girls are more attracting. Qin Ke Xuan's too... according to sources, no one has seen her smile before. Tsk tsk, she's not likeable like that..."

Their words were as though a breeze blowing past Qin Ke Xuan's ears—she was unfeeling towards it. However, their words were heard by Number 12 that passed by the toilet. At that, he immediately gripped that person's collar, gritting out: "What fart you fartin'?! It's fvcking stinks! Who the hell needs you to like?!"