I AM A KILLER : CHAPTER 39 ♦ (SPOILER TITLE)

T/N: made some changes to the following terms: 'He Squadron Leader' is now Company Commander; 'Special Forces Brigade' is now just Special Forces (SF)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The base of the SF was not the same base as the RS's, but instead was a standalone building built in the mountain ridges in the city's remote outskirts. Before they had even neared the base, they had already seen patrolling vehicles, signs reading "military strategic location, strictly prohibited from entering" installed everywhere as well as concealed sentries on duty every certain distance apart.

This array was on a completely different level from the RS's base. Qin Ke Xuan looked out the window, mentally weighing the strength of this SF Brigade.

Hé Company Commander upon seeing Qin Ke Xuan keep looking out the window quietly, chatted with her intentionally, and asked smilingly: "How is it? Our SF base."

"The soldiers still lack some maturity." 

Hé Company Commander raised his brows. "You haven't even entered the base and seen the soldiers, why would you say that?"

Qin Ke Xuan scoffed, saying: "Since five minutes ago when the vehicle drove onto this road, there is a total of 12 concealed sentries. Seeing they are meant to be concealed, they shouldn't allow themselves to be revealed to others."

Hé Company Commander looked at Qin Ke Xuan in shock. It was already pretty impressive to be able to detect there were concealed sentries, but for her to count them all out one by one, this, this... if she wasn't entering their SF it would be too much a waste of talent!

The truck reached the entrance of the base very quickly. They were stopped to declare their identification before the sentry opened the electronic gate for them to enter.

The base was furnished similarly as the RS's base, except the training arenas were more professional and there were all sorts of equipment and facilities. The truck only stopped when it drove to a building and Hé Company Leader brought Qin Ke Xuan into the building. He stopped before the door of a room and gave a military salute. Qin Ke Xuan also followed with a military salute.

"Reporting."

"Enter." A low voice sounded from inside.

Hé Company Commander said after he entered: "Wu Lieutenant Colonel, I have brought her."

"I've gotten a rough picture of her circumstances. The family background's clean and she fulfills all the requirements. As for her abilities, we still need to observe for a while since this job isn't child's play."

Hé Company Commander leaned in and said softly to Wu Lieutenant Colonel by his ear about Qin Ke Xuan's performance from just now at the military garrison area and then Wu Lieutenant Colonel's eyes immediately lit up. He shouted out the door: "Qin Ke Xuan, come in."

Qin Ke Xuan walked in and saw a middle-aged man sitting on a chair looking at her with shining bright eyes. "You think the SF isn't very up to par?"

Qin Ke Xuan replied without hesitation: "That's correct."

Wu Lieutenant Colonel lowered his head and thought. His fingers tapping the table, it was only a while after did he raise his head again to look at Qin Ke Xuan. "If you were to compete against them, who do you think will win?"

"I have already finished seven SF soldiers, including Hé Company Commander, during the surprise attack test. Do you think I will lose?" Qin Ke Xuan asked rather than replying.