I AM A KILLER : CHAPTER 48 ♦ MAID COSTUME

The Arts Troupe President and Commissar exchanged a look and smiled helplessly at each other before teasing Wu Lieutenant Colonel beside them: "Lao Wu, the SF sure hides tiger and dragons. Just a single soldier can already outperform the entire Arts Troupe."

Wu Lieutenant Colonel's cheerful smile widened, replying modestly: "Not at all not at all, that's just one of our girls."

"Say, that girl's got some good looks, why not have her come to our Arts Troupe to develop her career?" The commissar suddenly said.

Wu Lieutenant Colonel immediately collected his smile and said seriously: "How can that do!" What did he just say?! Seedlings that can become an SF soldier were already rare enough as it is, how could he let her go to the Arts Troupe to sing and dance?!

The atmosphere immediately chilled, a sharp contrast against the pumped one behind them. 

"Haha, do you still lack people in the Arts Troupe? We Tercel Brigade only have this one girl. Even if Wu Lieutenant Colonel bears to let her go, the SF soldiers won't!" The young Major whom Qin Ke Xuan had seen previously sitting beside Wu Lieutenant Colonel joked, breaking the unhappy atmosphere. "Lee President, the next performance is by your Troupe's golden flower, isn't it? Ah, she's on the stage already. This is such a rare chance, I've gotta take a good look." At his words, everyone's focus turned to gather on the stage, and that blanketed the previously unhappy atmosphere just like that.

There was a female soldier performing a solo ballet performance. She was performing the White Swan. The genre of her performance was completely different from Qin Ke Xuan's. If Qin Ke Xuan's performance had the audience's blood boiling from excitement, then that White Swan had the audience feeling very peaceful and relaxed.

By the time the performance started, Qin Ke Xuan had already returned to her seat in the audience to spectate. At hearing the faint sounds of swallowing and seeing the glinting gazes from the surrounding males as though they were thirstier than wolves that had been starved for days, she asked Number 12 beside her: "Oi, isn't she cold wearing so little?" Even though the heater in the hall was on, the temperature was still a little low, else, why would everyone wear their padded jackets? What she'd actually wanted to ask however was that was that girl not worried about showing her butt in that attire?

Number 12 minced his lips and said to her softly. "She was the beauty the senior soldier had mentioned previously. Tch, I don't think she looks prettier than you. Just look at that dance, so lifeless and limp, is she going to die or what? Your previous dance's a lot better! You've learnt sword dance before?"

Qin Ke Xuan sent him a brief look, approval tingeing her gaze. Just look at her twitching and twitching hands, it looked more like she was having a spasm instead of dancing. Number 12's sight was pretty accurate. "Oh, I've seen it online before so I learnt a little."

"I've seen other people doing a sword dance too, but their movements were too gentle and soft, unlike yours... yours had a powerful aura to it. Yes it's a matter of aura, yours were the kind that could conquer mountains and rivers, absolutely majestic! So handsome!"

When the performance ended, Qin Ke Xuan returned to the dorms along with the bunch of people joking about. Their topic of conversation was pretty much the same as the other soldiers–their thoughts about the female soldiers from the Arts Troupe, and some views on QIn Ke Xuan's sword dance. Qin Ke Xuan's performance had well exceeded their expectations. They'd originally thought Qin Ke Xuan would just sing a military song they were all dead-familiar with, but who knew she'd put up such a powerful show; they were all swept off their feet.

Qin Ke Xuan checked her phone when she returned to her dorms. Since her situation was special, she was allowed to use her phone. However, her usage was only limited to within her dorms. She also was not allowed to let the others know she was able to use her phone so as to avoid inciting the unhappiness among the masses.