You Make Me Happy

Start from the beginning

"I love that dog, but you are the best thing that has ever happened to me." Kai replies.

"I mean I wouldn't blame you if you loved Drift more than me, have you seen his cute little face?" I ask, pushing my bottom lip out.

"I love you more than anything on this fucking planet. Do you need me to show you how much I love you?" He asks, pulling my face closer towards his.

"I mean it is our anniversary, and I'd love for you to show me, but I'd also love for you to let our dog back inside. I know we have a house now and a backyard, but it's like a million degrees out there." I reply, looking up at Kai and smiling.

"Oh, you are so paying for this later, princess." He whispers before he gives me a light kiss on my lips before leaving the room. I hear Drift immediately, his paws making thuds against our floor, and then he's jumping onto our bed and licking my face.

"Aw, Drift." I say, and he's immediately laying down in my lap even though he's too big to be a lap dog. Kai comes back, laying down next to me, and pets Drift with one hand.

"You know, before I teach you the lesson that you do graciously deserve, I have a present for you." Kai states, looking over to me.

"I thought we said a while ago no presents on our anniversary ever." I scold.

"So you sucking my dick last year until I came twice was just a casual thing?" He asks. I roll my eyes, smiling.

"Fine. What did you get?" I ask. He reaches behind him, pulling out a small bag and handing it to me.

I look at him, confused, but I tear out the tissue paper that Drift tries to later eat. I pull out what looks like a book- a photo of me, Kai, and Drift on the front. I run my fingers across it, looking down to see the words The Parkers at the bottom.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

"It's a photo album," Kai states. "I've been filling it up for a while now. There's pictures of all of us in there. A few of Bonnie and Damon, too. Open it."

I do, and I see a bunch of pictures with captions under them.

My girl ♥︎