𝟤𝟥 | 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹

The doctor entered the room and checked up on Beomgyu, but they were baffled to find nothing wrong so the only thing they could do was give him painkillers

Taehyun was now sleeping on the couch while Soobin watched Beomgyu and Yeonjun laying in their hospital beds- the hospital was starting to get really tiring.

"Where are you going?" Soobin asked when he noticed Hueningkai heading towards the door with a bag on his shoulder.

"Oh, can I explore around a bit? I just realized that our old house was somewhere around this area," Hueningkai muttered.

"O-oh...okay? But all by yourself? Isn't it a bit unsafe?" Soobin asked worriedly.

"I'll be fine," Hueningkai reassured.

***

Hueningkai had no idea what he was doing outside his stepfamily's house, but for some strange reason he wanted to visit them.

Millions of questions ran through his mind as he approached the doorbell. Are they still there? Did they move to a new house? What happens if they see him still alive? Will they be happy, sad, or angry?

He rang the doorbell, and after a few seconds a very familiar face opened the door- his older brother.

"What the fuck do you wa- Hueningkai?" he asked in disbelief.

Wordlessly, his older brother let him in the house, to Hueningkai's surprise.

In his stepfamily, there was his older brother Changbin, followed by the second eldest which was Hyunjin, and a younger sister named Seohyeon who was 9 years old. Then there were his stepmother and stepfather.

Hueningkai felt a weird emotion when his stepmother entered the living room- years of hate and abuse came back to him.

"Hueningkai? It's been years!" she said in surprise, handing him a glass of orange juice.

Weird.

"Where have you been? We've been worried about you," she smiled, taking a seat beside Hueningkai on the sofa.

"I-I'm fine...? I ran away because you..." Hueningkai trailed off, not knowing what to say next.

"I see. Changbin and Hyunjin's got into a nice university, and Seohyeon is a really great ballet dancer- a lot of things happened actually. How about you?" she asked.

Me? Oh don't mind me, I'm just a teenage boy on the run who's being chased by mysterious people who seems to want to kill us. I'm fine, how about you, you fucking two faced bitch?

"I live with some friends and I'm doing fine," Hueningkai smiled.

"Hueningkai, I'm... I'm sorry for how we treated you." His stepmother said, looking down to the ground.