𝟨 | 𝘀𝗰𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗿𝘀

"Here you go," Yeonjun said, handing Soobin a cup of coffee

"Thanks sweetie," Soobin smiled, and Yeonjun kissed him fondly on the forehead.

"Love you."

"Love you too."

They exchanged their "I love you"s until they heard one of the teachers clear their throat awkwardly.

"Uh, Mr. Choi and uh- Mr. Choi too- we do not uh-" he sighed awkwardly for a moment, not knowing how to put his thoughts into words.

"-we do not tolerate flirting in this school, especially among the faculty."

Soobin and Yeonjun immediately apologized but once the teacher left, Yeonjun scoffed.

"That crazy bastard can't mind his own business, huh?" he muttered angrily.

Soobin was working on the powerpoint presentation he would present to his students in the afternoon when Yeonjun was called by a student.

"Mr. Choi?" she asked, peeking her head through the teacher's lounge's door.

Soobin and Yeonjun both looked up and even said "yes?" in unison.

"N-no, I meant Mr. Choi Yeonjun-"

"Ah." Soobin laughed awkwardly.

"What is it?" Yeonjun asked.

"Someone was looking for you outside," the student said, and Yeonjun immediately checked who it was.

"Yeonjun. You're all grown up," A man around his 50s smiled, and Yeonjun was frozen on the spot.

"...dad?"

All Yeonjun felt was anger and disbelief. All these years he thought his father was dead and gone but here he was, standing right in front of him like nothing happened.

The two of them talked in an empty classroom while students were having their lunch.

"How have you been? I've been trying to contact your mother but she isn't replying- how is she?" his dad asked, and Yeonjun felt like smashing this bastard's head through the window.

"How is she?! She's dead is what she is!" Yeonjun yelled angrily.

"All these years Mom had to do everything alone just because you weren't there! She had to work in different shops just so we could have food to eat! And where were you during those times?! Gambling? Drinking? Toying with other women?"

"Son, that's not-"

"Don't you dare call me your son! I don't even know what you're doing here and why, but I was doing better off without you." Yeonjun stood up and left without another word, leaving his father all alone in the classroom.