𝟤𝟨 | 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵

He slowly opened his eyes and saw a thick, grey smoke filling the room

Their fucking house was on fire.

Soobin immediately got up and burst into his parents' room to wake them up, and lowkey felt bad for having to try to wake them up from peaceful sleep.

"Mom! Dad! There's a fire, please wake up!" Soobin cried desperately as he shook their shoulders as hard as he could.

His heart froze when he heard angry villagers yelling outside. Quickly running towards the window, he saw a vast majority of them holding up pitchforks and torches.

They were yelling "Kill the vampire." They were here for him.

Soobin stumbled backward in fear when he heard their door being kicked down.

"Mom. Dad. Wake up, I'm serious." he firmly said trying his best not to panic, but the shaking in his voice betrayed him.

They finally woke up, but it was unfortunately too late. The angry mob was able to get into their house, and the events that followed were total chaos.

Soobin was pushed to the ground by several men as they started attacking him with the pitchforks and boy, did it hurt a lot.

He tightly closed his eyes and yelled in pain as they kept on attacking him, but what was even more painful were the agonized screams of his parents.

He heard his mom yelling for them to stop, but nothing happened. All Soobin remembered was blacking out from suffocation and lack of blood from the amount of times the villagers stabbed him.

***

Ashes spread everywhere. Soobin opened his eyes and was frightened to see that the place he once called home was burned to the ground.

But how was he still alive?

He panicked as he found no one else around- even his parents. They...they could've at least escaped, right?

He wandered around for hours, but it seemed like he was the only one left alive. He fell to the ground in disbelief and cried his eyes out.

People were scared of what they didn't understand. They treated Soobin as the village's baby once, even the other mothers in the village treated him like their own son. They knew he was a good person, but ever since he was bitten by that damn vampire they all turned their backs on him and decided to kill him.

Which led to his parents' death.

And Soobin was never ever going to forgive them for that.

Ever since that day, he hid from everyone and observed them from afar, thinking of ways of how to get revenge on them.

***

Several decades passed, and Soobin couldn't take it anymore. Sure, he killed a random animal or person whenever he felt like it to quench his thirst for revenge from time to time. But he still wasn't contented.

No matter how much he killed, he still wasn't happy.

What exactly would satisfy him then? What else was he supposed to do on this earth? Many times he's tried to end everything and kill himself but since he was a vampire, he was technically immortal.

Oh, he was so damn tired.

More decades and centuries passed and he couldn't deny the feeling of loneliness anymore. He never made friends with a single human being since he automatically hated them.

But still, something felt missing. It was as if he didn't want to suffer alone, he wanted to find someone like him.

Meeting an 11 year old named Taehyun did change his life in some way. One look at that kid's eyes and he knew he was hiding a million secrets.

When he met that 12 year old Beomgyu running away from vandalizing a store, he helped him hide because he originally wanted to kill him for no apparent reason. But that kid was different, his gut just told him so.

Then he met the somehow stepbrothers Yeonjun and Hueningkai. The younger boy was special at first glance. He already knew Hueningkai was not as innocent as he looked, and Soobin absolutely loved it.

Yeonjun however, was so powerful in a way where anyone- even he himself- would be scared of it. He was doubtful of himself, and he was more of a flight person than a fight person. But once he broke out of that shell, he was going to be unstoppable.

Soobin collected them like dolls to keep him company. His motive was to really just make them feel the pain he did- the pain of feeling like the world was against you, so he won't feel like he was suffering alone.

However, they slowly started to feel like family. Sure- they didn't act like his parents, but they did remind him of them from time to time. Those four kids filled that empty gap he felt in his heart for centuries.

And he never fell in love at all, so he never saw himself falling in love with Yeonjun. Ever. It was weird, absolutely weird.

He didn't know what love felt like until he met him.

It was fun to eat together, have fun together, and his favorite- to kill together. Well, maybe except for Yeonjun. He already did kill, but he seemed pretty traumatized about it.

Despite having four of these boys by his side through all the ups and downs, despite feeling happiness and joy because of them, that dreadful feeling of being uncontent was back.

Killing was a habit he couldn't get rid of but no matter how much he did it, still- nothing.

What was it that Soobin actually wanted? To kill every human in existence? To bring his parents back? He absolutely hated that feeling of not knowing what it was, it made him restless.