02 | home

-2011-

-2011-

Yeonjun was on his way home from picking up the groceries his mother told him to buy when he saw a small kid crying on the sidewalk.

"Hey, what's the problem...?" Yeonjun asked gently, and the kid harshly shouted "Go away!" and pushed him harshly.

Yeonjun was taken aback by the sudden attack, but he didn't give up.

"I'm Yeonjun. And you're?" Yeonjun asked, trying to sound as friendly as possible. The kid calmed down little by little, to Yeonjun's relief.

"Hueningkai," the kid mumbled, and Yeonjun smiled.

Hueningkai kept his face hidden behind his hands the whole time, and Yeonjun had no idea why.

"How old are you? You look too young to be all alone in a place like this," Yeonjun said worriedly, looking at his surroundings.

He could look into Hueningkai's mind if he wanted to, it was one of his special abilities to be able to read and control minds. But he decided not to, he felt like he would be invading the kid's privacy.

"I'm nine." Hueningkai said as his crying finally stopped.

"Oh, I'm eleven!" Yeonjun chirped, and Hueningkai smiled a little.

"Where are your parents?" Yeonjun asked gently.

"I don't want to go home." Hueningkai muttered.

"Why not?"

"They don't want me there."

"What do you mean?"

"My stepfamily hates me, I do nothing and they keep on hurting me."

Yeonjun felt his heart shatter into pieces- Hueningkai was only nine and yet he was already in a situation like this?

He suddenly had an idea.

"Hueningkai... do you want to stay at our house for a while?" Yeonjun asked, and Hueningkai slowly lifted his head up from his hands, finally revealing his face.

"Really?" Hueningkai asked.

Just one look at his eyes and Yeonjun felt a weird tingling sensation. Somewhere inside him, Yeonjun felt that Hueningkai was somehow like him.

Hueningkai was only supposed to stay for two days, but Yeonjun's mother was scared to send Hueningkai back to his step family and Hueningkai himself didn't seem to want to go back.

Eventually, Hueningkai started to live with Yeonjun and his mother, and Yeonjun's mother started to treat him like her own son.

A year later, Yeonjun's mother died for unknown reasons and Yeonjun and Hueningkai had nowhere to go.

-2013-

Beomgyu happily ran across the streets giggling and laughing, not caring about the cars passing by. A man chasing him was yelling, telling other people to stop him but Beomgyu was quick and agile.