03 | return

Yeonjun was 16 and Hueningkai was 14 when they met Soobin. The two of them somehow survived for 4 years, working at small restaurants for food.

Soobin accidentally met Hueningkai when he was eating in the restaurant they worked in, when Hueningkai accidentally dropped an iced tea on him.

Hueningkai apologized again and again, and Soobin had to reassure him that it was fine again and again too.

But when Soobin saw his eyes, he felt... different. Something in him knew he had to bring this kid with him.

He shook the thought away. His home was slowly turning into a freaking orphanage, and the only reason he brought Beomgyu and Taehyun with him was because he felt sorry for them and they had nowhere to go.

But Hueningkai was different.

Soobin sighed. One last kid, one last kid- and he won't be taking kids home anymore.

When Soobin offered Hueningkai the chance, Hueningkai had to tell Yeonjun about it.

And it was the same, all over again. The Yeonjun kid Hueningkai was talking about was different too.

Soobin offered them a house to sleep in and food to eat, but Yeonjun was reluctant and suspicious. Who wouldn't feel suspicious? A random man suddenly offers you a chance to live normally?

Yeonjun knew what he had to do- he looked into Soobin's mind.

Flashes of red and white images appeared- usually he saw flashes of white when the person had good intentions, and flashes of red when the person had bad intentions.

He's never seen both at the same time before.

"I know you're reading my mind right now. Stop it, it's uncomfortable." Soobin mumbled awkwardly, and Yeonjun froze- people never knew if he was reading their minds or not.

Hueningkai begged Yeonjun to go and eventually, he agreed.

It wasn't that bad, to be honest. Hueningkai immediately got along with Beomgyu and Taehyun, and Yeonjun started to feel less suspicious around Soobin.

The five of them lived together quietly for years, hidden from the rest of the world- they were fine with just each other's presence.

It wasn't until Yeonjun turned 20 years old when Soobin had feelings for him. It was definitely weird, knowing he practically "raised" Yeonjun.

But Soobin never felt any love or affection towards any other human being in his life except for Beomgyu, Taehyun, Hueningkai, and specially Yeonjun.

He treated the four boys as his own brothers, not children- the term "children" was just really weird and strange. Besides, if they ever dared call him "dad" he would make sure they would never see the light of day again.

Soobin just found it really attractive how Yeonjun was always there for him, how he cared for the other members, how he cooked breakfast every morning, and much, much more.

Little did he know, Yeonjun felt the same. It was weird at first, but eventually both of them got a hint that they loved each other. And that was it- no confessions, just straight up "I love you"s and displays of affection.

-present time-

Beomgyu usually went outside at the garden after breakfast to play (even though he was already a teenager) but this time he went straight back to bed.

Hueningkai knocked at his door, looking inside curiously. Beomgyu was underneath a blanket, his head peeking out just a little bit.

"Are you ok?" he whispered. Beomgyu shook his head.

Hueningkai approached Beomgyu, who looked really pale. He was staring at the balcony, shivering in fear.

"...Beomgyu?"

"He won't leave me alone."

"Who?" Hueningkai looked at the balcony in confusion- there was no one there.

"He's been following me since earlier, I tried to hide in here but he just won't leave me alone!" Beomgyu screamed.

That was when Hueningkai realized.

"They're back again, aren't they? The ghosts?" he asked. Beomgyu nodded.

It's been several years since Beomgyu last encountered ghosts becausd they left him alone for a long time- and now they were back, for unknown reasons.

"What do you mean you're enrolling the three of them to a highschool?" Yeonjun pressed.

"Remember when I said we won't be able to go because we haven't experienced going to school?" Soobin asked.

"Yeah, but I did have experience though. I only had to stop studying by second grade because my mom couldn't afford my tuition anymore."

"I was thinking- we could apply as teachers," Soobin said, but Yeonjun shook his head.

"Soobin hold up, hold up- why are you doing this? All of a sudden? We're okay here, we don't need to go back out there, you know?" Yeonjun whined, sounding frustrated and confused.

"Please, just trust me on this one. I have a plan." Soobin whispered, running his hand through Yeonjun's hair.

"Fine."

Soobin and Yeonjun left early in the morning, and Soobin was once again covered in thick, dark clothes to block sunlight.

The five of them decided to switch back to a normal schedule: sleeping at night and waking up at morning.

Soobin and Yeonjun arrived at a school in the city nearest to them- Moa Academy.

A/N: Please let me go just this once, I really am not good at naming schools :')

The principal stared at the two boys sitting in his room suspiciously. They looked too young to apply for the position of teachers, heck they just looked like college students!

"Sir." Yeonjun smiled sweetly, staring straight into the principal's eyes.

"...yes...?" the principal drawled, as if he was under a spell.

Well technically, he was.

Soobin and Yeonjun glanced at each other and smirked- their plan was working well.

"I think we would do really well as teachers, you know?" Yeonjun said, still staring straight into the principal's eyes.

"Yes. You would." He answered, as if he was some kind of robot.

"Soooo, what if you give us that position, hmm?" Yeonjun asked sweetly, winking at the principal cutely as Soobin tried not to laugh- his Yeonjun was really doing his best, huh?

The principal nodded.

"You're hired."