The Next Step

Ashoka walked up to Feral and sat down next to him " Feral all you need to do is meditate then rest before your training tomorrow try to keep your mind as free of emotions as you can." Feral smiled at Ashoka " I will thank you for your help.".... Ashoka looked up to see maul facing the field from the cave entrance .... "excuse me feral, im going to see whats up with your brother." Ashoka stood up and started walking towards maul ..... " is something bothering you?" Maul paused for a second before looking down and turning to face Ashoka.... "I have something for you my lady...... I hid it in the ship because I wasn't sure when I wanted to give you it." Ashoka smiled and took Mauls hand " well what is it???".... Maul kissed her on the forehead " follow me ill show you." .....Still holding Ashoka's hand Maul pulled leading her towards the ship.... once they got to the entrance Maul paused again ...." close your eyes my lady" Ashoka smiled and closed her eyes.... Maul maneuvered himself behind Ashoka pulling tightly at her waist with one arm and using the other hand to cover her eyes.... " no peeking Ashoka." He began leading her into the ship where a small box was hidden in a drawer.... maul the used the force to slowly pull the drawer open and levitate the box. "ok my lady, open your eyes." Maul dropped his hand and walked around Ashoka putting the box between him and her... Ashoka opened her eyes took the box and opened it..... "haha its my armor you stole from me in our force vision." .....Maul smiled "pick it up and flip it over." Ashoka pulled the armored piece and flipped it over revealing a silk cloth wrapped around something..... she pulled the cloth to see a smaller square box..... "Maul is this some sort of prank you darksiders do what is this?".... Maul chuckled "no my lady just open it." ....Ashoka slowly opened the small wooden box and she froze.....a moment of silence had filled the air began she looked back up at Maul, her eyes starting to gloss over "Maul...... Maul............ what........ how....noo...... really...... wait.... are you?????" ..... maul interrupted "Ashoka.... that is a ring..... im asking you to be mine forever.... I broke up my crystal to use it as the center stone, I found precious diamonds throughout dathomir to place around it...... the gold part of the ring is made of one of my mothers rings she had....The kyber crystal is the heart of the saber and is supposed to represent the heart and soul of the wielder........ I am giving you mine........ my life."..... Tears welled in Ashoka's eyes... she didn't say a word as she set the box down, feeling the intense stare from maul she slid the ring on and flung herself onto Mauls chest and whispered in his ear....... "yes Maul the answer is yes......... but the crystal wont stay red you know that." Maul wrapped his arms around Ashoka " I know thats the point........ it will represent you opening my heart as it slowly changes, the way you have already done to me."....... Ashoka picked her head up and kissed Mauls lips....... Just then she felt a presence...... Ventress and Feral both slowly approached the entrance of the ship.... Ventress smiled "well i see i was right she said yes obviously."...... Feral smiled "I can call you my sister now....you know the one that doesn't attempt to murder me." He said as he jabbed Ventress in the side with his elbow... Ashoka turned and looked at Feral and Ventress...... "you two knew about it?" Ventress laughed "of course, he said you were gonna say no Feral and i had dibs on yes."...... Ashoka smiled as she looked down at the ring ..... maul grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on top "my lady no matter what my heart will be close to yours...... I know im not easy to deal with, i can only hope you have the patience to deal with my short comings over time."....... Ashoka smiled at Maul "As long as your trying thats what matters to me...... I know you have a dark history and past but we move forward and we don't dwell on the past.... thats the only way to make progress."....... Maul pulled Ashoka into a tight embrace holding her head tightly against him "my lady i will probably always lack self control and lose my temper..... but you will be there to help me through it."......... Ashoka tilted her head and placed a kiss on his neck....... "Maul..... without the darkness we can not see the stars......"......... maul whispered back "my lady you are my star"..... Maul swiftly picked up Ashoka and slung her over his shoulder..... "now i told you earlier you were gonna pay for keeping me from winning our little race." Ashoka gasped "MAUL!!".... Ventress laughed "you know we know don't pretend like it's not happening"... Maul let out a laugh as he carried Ashoka out of the ship and began walking back to the cave.

 Maul let out a laugh as he carried Ashoka out of the ship and began walking back to the cave