Vualnerable Past

Maul gently placed his hand on Ashoka's cheek "My lady why are you worried?" ...... Ashoka took Mauls other hand in hers....... " what do you mean I'm not worried?" ....... Maul chuckled " my lady your gonna have to do better than that if your going to lie to me...... why are you worried about me not wanting you around anymore?" ..... Ashoka's eyes quickly shifted to meet Mauls... " how did you know?"..... Maul leaned in and kissed Ashoka's forehead before pressing his forehead against hers...... "because earlier your guard was down and I heard those thoughts..... Ashoka if anyone should be worried its me..... you dont need me.... I have been so used to being alone and never experienced anything normal.... but now... now i have you and my brother and I dont want to lose any of it.... Ashoka these feelings are new for me please be patient with me."... Ashoka pull her head slightly back, her eyes meeting Mauls where she could see the pain and sorrow on his face "Maul.... i have no problem being patient... just know that im here for you."......... Maul knelt down and picked Ashoka up in his arms and began walking over to a tree standing alone in a field.... Ashoka wrapped her arm around Maul and giggled "where are you taking me?" Mauls eyes shifted back to Ashoka " I want to show you something..... from when I was very young." ...... when they got to the tree Maul set Ashoka down and walked up to it running his hand along the side...... Ashoka saw small little stick drawings of Zabrak males carved into the side with one tall woman....... "who did these?" She asked curiously.....Maul looked at Ashoka and smiled " my oldest brother an I did...we used to race each other up and down this tree and my mother would watch from over there by that cave."  Ashoka smiled and sat down at the base of the tree placed her hand on it and closed her eyes..... she saw a young 5 year old Maul giggling being chase by his older brother who looked to be about 9 years old. Ashoka watched as Mual climbed the tree effortlessly " you'll never catch me Savage im faster than you" Baby Maul said as he watched Savage climb the tree........... Ashoka opened her eyes with tears beginning to well in her eyes " Maul you were such a happy child........... im.... im so sorry...... you only experienced being that for a short period of your life, and 30 years of the rest of it were torcher and pain. I understand why you are the way you are now....... im sorry the jedi council decided to leave this planet alone allowing such cruel things to happen............ The Jedi used to be good they used to be keepers of the peace and when this war broke out they involved themselves in politics.......corrupting who they truly were....... all along someone from the inside was pulling strings from both sides to destroy a galaxy." Maul knelt down beside Ashoka and took her hand. "Im sorry for being the beginning of that destruction...... but just like you I didn't know better I thought i was going to be by Sidious forever and rule the galaxy..... blinded by my own hate that i was told and showed to have and the fear of being nothing and no one........The Sith took everything from me."..... "Ashoka's eyes met Mauls and she wrapped her arms around him "thank you Maul..... for showing me this... for trusting me." ....Maul returned the embrace and pulled Ashoka into his lap.... "Ashoka you have found a way through my stone cold hearts I don't know how but you did...you managed to get to me." ..... Ashoka looked up and smiled everyone deserves a second chance." Maul smiled "you know there's another system not to far from here that might be a good place for you to reach out to any survivors ...... we might be able to ping the signal so no one can find you." Ashoka thought for a moment " hmmmm yea i think i want to do that but I'll probably wait a little longer to be sure everything has calmed down."...... Maul stood up pulling Ashoka up with him "As you wish my lady..... now lets go back im sure Feral probably wants some more advice from someone other than... Venti....is that what you two call her now?...." ....Ashoka laughed "yes thats what we call her big Venti." Maul chuckled to himself ..  "brilliant, she is definitely not fond of being called that." Ashoka gave Maul a mischievous grin " ill race you back." .....Maul looked at Ashoka "that should be an easy win" he said right as he started to full sprint .... Ashoka was caught off guard " oh no you don't" she followed quickly behind starting to catch up, she realized he was close and just as he was about to win he felt himself lifted off the ground.... Ashoka quickly approached "what is it you darksiders call that? ......oh yea playing dirty ... i win." Ashoka set Maul down as she stepped foot into the cave first. Maul raised and eyebrow as he walked up to Ashoka stopping beside her... he leaned in and whispered on the side of her lukke "ill make you pay for that later." Ashoka spun around giving him a quick jab to the side "id like to see you try."