The Darkness Within

A few days had passed Ashoka was still confused as to what Maul meant by him only being meant for chaos and destruction. Her thoughts raced thru her head as she was trying to figure out what made Maul tick. She knew what the witches do to the men she knew Sidious had kidnapped Maul and trained him but she still saw something in Maul that he was trying to say but couldn't. It was driving her insane she wanted to know what it was....... Ventress approached Ashoka " hey what happened between you 2 that day the both if you have been unusually quiet?" ..... Ashoka looked at Ventress " I am not sure what happened but I think we got knowledge we weren't really expecting/ not all the knowledge we needed so now we're processing."...... Ventress raised an eyebrow at Ashoka "so are you going to try to figure it out some more, or are you 2 going to just sit around and wallow in self pity"..... Ashoka gave Ventress a look....  " I was just giving him some space before I pushed him again, im not really sure he understood his own emotions when he looked inside himself ." Ventress gave Ashoka a nod " ahh ok I see ....... by the way you uttered a code the other day when you 2 decided to argue like lovers........ do you know what you said or where it came from? Ashoka glared at Ventress for a moment "we are not 2 lovers I have no idea where your getting that from we just simply don't see eye to eye........ and no im not really sure what I said or where it came from....." Ventress gave Ashoka a serious look " You uttered whats called the Gray Jedi Code, I have never heard anyone say it personally ive only read it..... but you spoke it to perfection...... I only started looking thru old books we have here because it almost sounded like the sith code but with a major difference...... You use the light as your guide and only draw from the dark when it is needed to bring clarity to your vision or when defeating your opponent....you walk the line between dark and light perfectly without giving in to the dark.... you have no affiliation or allegiance to anyone, you only want to do what is right." Ashoka looked at Ventress as it almost made sense to her since she was able to clean her crystals of any impurities. " yea im not really sure where it cane from"...... in the entrance of the cave Ashoka saw Maul staring out into the open land as the sun began to set....... Ashoka decided she was going to try to get more answers from Maul.........  "Maul" she said softly as she approached him "I have a question for you" Maul turned to face Ashoka " You have but to ask" as he was now looking at her.......she gave him a small smile " what did you mean when you said you were meant for darkness?" Maul sighed  "Lady Tano I wasn't just born force sensitive in general....... I was dark force sensitive.....you don't understand the things I am capable of.... I can look into the dark side raw in its power I can channel my anger and open something similar to a door or window to the raw power. I can essentially destroy anyone and anything I gaze upon when I channel it correctly, its like my eyes can become a black hole that torches your or inflicts pain and internal injury. This is not something that can be taught, its not even relevant to how closely tied to the dark side you are. You have to inherit its powers you can not simply master them by becoming a sith whose loyalty was to the darkness. Not even Dark Sidious has this power, ive only ever used it once and it drains you of your energy. I hid this knowledge from Sidious as I knew he would either use me for it or destroy me. Before you say why dont I just use it now....... well...... being half cybernetic has its draw backs I can still channel the force but I can not access that portal without being full man, its part of the reason I am here and why I need my full body. It has something to do with the way the force flows thru you and your organic matter. Ashoka was shocked at this new information but she still wanted to understand "show me..... show me with your mind Maul show me what this power does." she reached her hand out up to his face, he gently took her wrist and placed her hand on his face. Within a second the force connected them again the electricity ran between them and Ashoka saw. She saw that Mauls unlocked raw dark power only had to gaze upon anyone in his view and they would begin burning from the inside out............. she opened her slowly and gently pulled her hand back "Maul.... that doesn't make you evil.....you just access powers differently"..... Maul glanced away from Ashoka furrowing his brow almost looking embarrassed as he made himself so vulnerable to Ashoka in that moment.
***Mauls point of view in his mind***
" I do wish my story was different I was destined for greatness.... destined for destruction and beautiful chaos.... I didn't have my choice between light and dark, that choice was made for me in my bloodline I see Ashoka never lose hope as she looks at me...... how can she be so positive with so much negative...... when she touched my face I could feel the electricity between us, the power she makes me feel..... She would never be mine I am only another soul she is trying to save"