Pain in His Eyes

Ashoka and Feral now back at the cave, Ventress gave them a confused look what the "hell did you do to his horns!!" she snapped ....... now slightly interested Maul turned around to now face them and Ashoka responded "they are Padawan beads Ventress that what you give to someone who is a new learner" Ventress raised an eyebrow " did you just sass me Ashoka??".....Feral giggled "yes she did big venti what are you gonna do about it?" Ventress's head snapped in the direction of Feral "EXCUSE ME!! WHAT DID YOUJUST CALL ME??"....... A deep voice radiated from inside the cave as Maul was walking up "I believe he just called you big venti" he smirked as his gaze went from Ventress to Ashoka and Ventress now followed Feral into the cave yelling at him " im going to have to teach you some respect Feral!!!"...... Maul still looking at Ashoka her eyes now meeting his he began to approach her "if I had to guess that sass was your doing?".... Ashoka gave a mischievous smile "hes just repeating what what I said I never told him to call her that.".............Maul laughed "im sure you have now made it more difficult for her to train him now."..... Ashoka smiled at Maul "no noo not at all I was just showing him some individuality besides im sure shes up for a challenge."....... Maul gave a smirk before walking back inti the cave still hearing the 2 arguing.......Ashoka stood there and took in the scenery as the sun began to set she gazed on the red orange and purple sky for a while before going back into the cave..... she only saw Feral and Ventress sitting by the fire as she looked around...... "Where's Maul?" she asked, Feral looked up "I think he went to the back " Ashoka started making her way to the back of the cave " Maul.......... Maul...... Where are you?" Ashoka turned a corner to see him sitting at what looked like a table as he was fiddling with some electronics..... "Are you ok Maul you seem off" he laughed under his breath still focusing on what he was doing..... " do you mean normal off because im not normal im a darksider we all are off"... Ashoka paused for a moment "I mean for you off something is bothering you and before you say everything bothers you that's not what I mean"...... Maul set down the electronics still keeping his gaze on them.. " its you Lady Tano.......You are whats bothering me ....... how can you like me of all beings ..... im a monster" Ashoka's emotions filled her "your not a monster Maul your just misguided, mistreated and used"...... Maul stood up and quickly moved towards Ashoka now putting her between him and the wall, as one of his hands came up pressing against the cave..... he glared at Ahsoka his eyes meeting hers ...... "not a monster? look at me Ashoka....... Look at me I was designed for destruction and chaos....... I can open up a direct portal into the darkside of the force and mirror it thru my eyes, you can not be taught that, it is only something you can be born with.....Palapatine cant even do that...... if I wanted to I could do it right now and it would destroy you from the inside out and you wouldn't be able to stop it....... Ashoka held her gaze at maul's..... '"You don't scare me Maul, you cant scare me anymore and I think out of everything that's what terrifies you" as her eyes began to narrow at him........ Maul stepped back and turned his back to Ashoka...... "You have no idea Lady Tano.....no idea..... that's all I have ever known is how to be a monster I was taught to be so hateful and so angry and to have no mercy....... I have killed so many, just because I felt like it"........... Ashoka watched Maul as his head dropped down she could only read the emotions his body language was showing since his back was to her......... "don't believe that's who you really are Maul...... I saw it on Mandalore and according to stories about you, you don't make alliances you don't ask twice and you had multiple opportunities to kill me..... and you didn't no matter how stubborn I was being...... I know what your mom did to you I know Palpatine kidnapped you at a young age and molded you into this murderous being........I don't care if you not perfect or even some fancy light sider...... I don't expect you to be on the light side I just want you to find your own balance....... to me your more than what you've been told to believe..... your not some sith or some warrior born to a witch sculpted to be evil....... to me you are just Maul..... A man you has powers like no other and just wants to find his place..... your gifted and special and you were used and thrown away......look at me Maul....... maul...... look at me.".....Maul turned around to face Ashoka trying to keep anger on his face but his eyes were telling a different story as the tears rolled down his cheeks being un able to stop them.... his voice cracked "Ashoka when I touch you the light in you radiates so brightly...... I used to think that was sickening when I was around Jedi...... but when I touch you its not fake its so pure and real and runs thru me like electricity all I want is more...... All I want is you.... you have become my weakness..... and I don't know how to stop it....... I have never had emotions like these I dont understand why I cant just hate you like I hate everyone else and not care."...........tears continued to roll off his cheeks as he tried to keep his face twisted with anger... Ashoka walked towards him and placed her hand on his cheek wiping away one of his tears.... " Maul, weaknesses can become greater strengths........ When I touch you I don't see pure evil..... I see straight thru your cover..... I just see you and how lost you have become you have a heart and a soul, you care for your brother, I see it even when your trying to hide it." Mauls gaze softened as he wrapped his arms around Ashoka and held her tight...... Ashoka gently kissed the side of his neck as she returned the embrace.