The Return of the Gray Jedi

Asleep in her cave, Ashoka Tano was tossing and turning at her dreams. She found herself in an open field looking at a red and orange sky with nothing but nature around her. She began hearing the voice of someone familiar "Ashoka" a whisper said in the distance. She spun around searching for where the voice came from........ nothing but long grassy fields for miles as she listened to them rustle in the wind. Then again "Ashoka" this time it sounded closer, she crouched in her defensive attack position as she rotated cautiously to find the origin of the voice. "Lady Tano" she now heard right behind her in a deep whisper that was quiet but strong. She turned on her toes as she was now met with Mauls deep red and black chest she looked up to be met by his deep intense gold eyes. " Take my hand" he whispered with a softened expression. Before she had the chance to react she jolted awake sitting straight up panting from her dream. " Ugghhh what is going on theres no way im supposed to be working with him. I know the goddess of light said we need each other but i don't understand why.......why? Why me? Why him?"....... she let herself fall back onto her bed as she starred up at the celling of the cave she once again closed her eyes and took a deep breath. " Focus Ashoka clear your mind" she whispered to herself....... a few moments only passed when she heard the roar of a ships engine landing not too far from her cave. In a panic she leapt from her bed and stealthily crept around the walls of her cave...... now out in the open she listened carefully as she started to hear the sound of 2 sabers ignite. Ashoka aggressively held her position as the figure in all black clothes had come flying out of the dark and into the moonlight. "Ah I see Vader was right you are still alive" The inquisitor said in a sly and evil voice. The inquisitor charged at Ashoka with all his might red sabers swinging in hand. Ashoka however was patient and quick on her feet, she waited for the inquisitor to get close enough and raise his blades above her as she slid under him as he leapt in the air. In one quick and smooth transition she stood up and delivered a clean round house kick to the inquisitors back. "NGHHHAAAAAHH" he let out as he fell to the floor giving Ashoka enough time to distance herself. The inquisitor rolled over stood up glaring at Ashoka. Re igniting his red sabers the inquisitor got ready to charge her once more. Ashoka had a rush of emotions as she flung her hands forward using the force to yank the kyber crystals right out of the sabers themselves. A flash of red light beamed as the the crystals were yanked and the 2 sabers self imploded killing Vaders inquisitor. Standing victorious Ashoka was now holding the 2 red kyber crystals in hand she gazed upon their tainted red, her blue eyes reflecting purple as the colors of the crystals glowed in the moonlight...... she walked over to where the inquisitors ship was landed and began dismantling all of the ship's communications lines to ensure no signals were emitted.......... Back in her cave Ashoka lit a campfire and sat down in front of it. She placed her new kyber crystals between the fire and herself, on her knees she closed her eyes and  hovered her hands palm down above the crystals and cleared her mind. She focused her thoughts to healing and purification, as she began the crystals levitated under hands rotating around one another. She could feel the darkness and impurities corrupting them. As her mind was clear and focused she pulled her hands apart as to now have her palms facing inward on one another, the crystals circled in between her palms as she began pulling the red from the crystals. The crystals screamed as the color was being pulled from them representing the blood and lives that had been taken by the sabers to make them bleed bright red. She continued pulling the color out of the crystals until there was no color left. Ashoka had just completed one of the most difficult tasks any force wielder could do. She not only pulled the red from the crystals themselves but any color they had was now gone she purified them from any allegiance. This was a direct representation of who she had become, she was no longer a Jedi whose loyalty was pledged to the Jedi council who called themselves good and just. Nor was she walking the side of the sith, for she had placed herself totally in the force walking the line between the dark and the light. Ashoka felt the immense power from the force around her. She began to speak the words of who she became ..... "There must be both dark and light. I will do what I must to keep the balance, as the balance is what holds all life. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace; serenity, yet emotion; chaos, yet order. I am a wielder of the flame; a champion of balance. I am a guardian of life. I am a Gray Jedi." ........ Ashoka opened her eyes to see pure white crystals floating in her hands she gently let them fall to her hands as she looked upon her new kyber crystals.