Emotional Bond

A few months flew by and Ferals training had progressed substantially, his connection to the force became more focused and his saber skills were starting to be much better than the everyone had hoped for. Ashoka let out occasional transmissions in the hopes of reaching anyone in need. She grew more fond of Maul with each passing day slowly seeing him let out emotions no one knew he had........Maul couldn't deny his attraction to her, each passing day he spent with her he grew more attached to his Togruta companion. Maul felt more powerful with Ashoka by his side but her influence on him made him more grey in nature then a sith....... Maul started to feel like he finally belonged and had his freedom to do what he wanted without an old masters constraints.......Ashoka never thought she would find herself in the company of two dark force wielders company and an un-broken zabrak brother..... she also never saw herself falling in love with Maul, his passion and aggression was soothing when properly placed, it made Ashoka feel safe seeing how protective Maul was of her.....Ashoka still struggled with her night terrors seeing her old master turn to the dark side and slaughtering so many in the blink of an eye...... someone she thought she knew someone who was her older brother...... she no longer felt she ever truly knew him and like the other jedi she completely missed it.

***Present day***
Ashoka was asleep with Maul wrapped tightly around her she began having her night mares of order 66 again...... "ANAKIN!!!!!! NOOOO!!!!" ..... she yelled out sitting up with tears running down her cheeks. Maul sat up and pulled her legs across his lap and pulling her head to his chest "shhhhhh its over its ok." He said in a low soothing voice before wiping the tears with his thumb...... Feral came running into the room "is.....is everything ok brother?" Maul looked up at Feral " yes she just had a nightmare.....I know first hand they aren't fun..........my lady are you alright?" Ashoka wrapped her arms around Mauls neck pressing her nose into his cheek " I..... I am now" Maul tightened his grip on Ashoka "go back to sleep my lady im right here nothing will happen to you." Ashoka finally started to relax once more her eyes fell heavy as she rested in Mauls arms. Maul watched Ashoka as her body became limp once more with small twitching from her body fighting the sleeping.... Maul let out a quiet chuckle and whispered" hm you even try to fight your sleep." ..... a few moments passed and Ventress walked into the room ...."Feral said shes having nightmares again." .....She said in a quiet voice....... Maul looked up at Ventress " yes she seems to be battling herself, I believe she is blaming herself for her Masters decision yet she still doesn't believe it's Anakin......... chains are the easy part but its what goes on up here...... in your mind..... thats the hard part."........... Ventress sat down next to the bed "you know witch craft can help remove that pain from her mind." ......Mauls face twisted with slight anger. "dont get near her with that dark magic who knows what the consequences will be for that and im not willing to find out the consequences on Ashoka." ......Ventress narrowed her eyes " your the son of Talzin the powerful witch who wields the power there wont be consequences."........... Maul glared back up to Ventress " I am but Ashoka is not.... and because of that if she uses the witchcraft the night sisters always want their dues when their power is used outside their flesh and blood or their coven." .....Ventress thought for a moment, then an idea popped into her head. "marry her Maul....... do that and she is a part of your coven.... shes under your protection, and being that I am a night sister I am the witness to the union." .......... Mauls gaze softened as he thought about Ventress's proposal. " she wont do that Assaj, she may not be apart of jedi order anymore but she still thinks like one...... Marriage would only solidify attachment and she ultimately would turn that down." ......... vent laughed at Maul " hun shes here with you..... she is in love with you.... at this point she has broken every rule." ........... Maul ran his hand along Ashoka's leg " I will ask her eventually but i think I already know the answer." ........ Ventress smiled "she might surprise you Maul, she was always the most rational jedi I had met. things weren't ever black and white to her she always daw the grey in the middle and calculated her decisions." ......Maul looked at Ventress " she was also willing to leave the Jedi order and the people she loved behind because she knew she couldn't commit to what they became." .............Ventress tilted her head " Maul ....... are you afraid of being turned away....... thats what it is isn't it? every one has tossed you aside so much now you dont want to know the answer...... your afraid she going to do that.... walk away from you....... Maul I dont know if you know this but people have turned their back on her too...... it wasnt just Anakin or the Jedi order itself Barris did it to her too..... Barris framed her for murder. Ashoka almost died on trial because of her." .......Mauls brows furrowed exactly my point shes used to having an attachment and letting it go..... I never had THIS kind of attachment..... someone I actually had these feelings for..... never..... I was too you g to even remember my attachment to my mother.... I only have a synthetic bond I created in my mind of her other than from being her flesh and blood."......... Vent stood up and placed her hand on Mauls shoulder "Trust me she's different....... thats why you love her..."