A Gentle Heart

Maul backed out of his embrace now holding the sides of Ashokas arms and staring deep into her blue eyes "dam you Ashoka.... I don't even know how you got to me this way...... maybe its those big doe eyes of yours or your lack of fear of me that has me but I cant think of anything else other than you." before Ashoka could respond Maul picked her up in his arms and pulled her legs around his waist.... Ashoka wrapped her arms around Mauls neck and pressed her forehead against his....... "Maul, I don't want you to push me away I know attachment is something you haven't really gotten to experience for anyone else other than your brothers....... I care about you and I care about your feelings." ...... Maul smirked " I don't think I have a choice anymore when it comes to how I feel about you...your in my thoughts your in my dreams and you've come to me in force visions...... destiny is trying to tell me something"....... Ashoka kissed Maul on the lips holding her lips there as he returned the kiss...... He carried her over to the other room where his bed was without taking his eyes off of her. He slowly set her on the bed as he crawled over her to lay next to her. Ashoka scooted herself up on the bed and grabbed Mauls horns pulling him down into her chest where she just cradled his head.... "I would never dream of doing anything to hurt you Maul, both of us have known nothing other than being a soldier to a cause......we both deserve a break from that world." Maul wrapped his arm around Ashokas side squeezing her tightly..... "you deserve more than I could ever give you Ashoka"...... Ashoka giggled " well to be fair if your plan was to take over the galaxy and you have the power to do so who else could give me an entire galaxy." .... Maul chuckled "you have a point there but I mean to actually give you happiness not pain and destruction."  Ashoka ran her hand along Maul's back "not ALL pain and destruction is bad Maul" she said with some mischief in her voice...... Maul laughed and sarcastically responded "ahhhhhhhh so I see, your thoughts betray you Lady Tano" Ashoka pinched his side and giggled "shut up Maul!!"....Maul responded.. "careful now remember what I said about getting rough" She giggled again as she tightened her grip around his head and moved her leg in between his and rested her head in the pillow as she slowly drifted to sleep. Mual slowly felt her grip loosen as she fell deeper into her slumber, he gently pulled her arm away from his head and pulled himself up to now have his eyes at the same level as hers...... He gently placed his hand on her cheek as he admired how peaceful she looked while sleeping " I love you Ashoka" he whispered before kissing her forehead.....Mual slowly rolled out of bed careful not to disturb her as she slept. He made his way to where the shower was so he could freshen up........ an hour had gone by Ashoka laid there sleeping as she heard in her head "I love you".... she jolted awake and sat up... "Maul" she called out realizing he was no longer in bed with her..... she was almost panicked he wasn't there but she couldn't understand why she was so worried...... Just as she got ready to call out again Maul came rushing around the corner with only a towel wrapped low around his waist and his double bladed red saber in hand as the water glistened off of his red and black skin... "are you ok? Did something happen? Ashoka had no words as she saw him standing there water flowing down the curves of his muscles everything glowing red under the sabers light..... "ummm yea everything's ok I just woke up and realized you weren't here..... How did you know anyway?.... Maul retracted the blades and set his saber down as he started to walk up to Ashoka " I felt your panic while I was in the shower....so I rushed over"....Ashoka looked up at Maul as he was now only a foot away from her.. " I had just like a strange dream well not really a dream it was more like a voice... your voice."...... Maul looked down at Ashoka as she was sitting at the edge of the bed... "And what did this voice say that has you so flustered." Ashoka blushed as she started to say the words... "you said......you said you loved me." .... Maul raised an eyebrow as he stared at Ashoka desperately trying to not show her feelings..... He smirked before narrowing his eyes at her "I didn't think you heard me." ...... Ashoka now looked surprised as she stared at Maul for a moment his gaze never breaking from hers...... "Wait you really said it? I didn't just imagine it?"...... Maul rolled his eyes "My Lady you are far to intelligent to play dumb".... Ashoka narrowed her eyes at Maul "no no say it say it again now that im awake... say it..... unless your to chicken.... oh lord of darkness most powerful sith of all!!!!! cant even say 3 simple words to this helpless young lady" ...... Mual huffed as he glared at Ashoka "these emotions are new and I have a difficult time exposing them" ....... Ashoka stared at him with a smile "ok ill lay down and turn over and even close my eyes but I want you to say it again" Ashoka rolled over in the bed with her back to Maul...... he sighed... "I love you Ashoka"...... she rolled back over to see Mauls gaze soften once more....She smiled and held out her arms. Maul crawled into bed still only wearing his towel as Ashoka held him in a tight embrace "I love you too Maul."