ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It has been 3 years ever since the battle of heaven and earth. So much has changed then.

Most of my friends were at sea right now. I moved here at Paradis and I'm currently living at Eren's home.

He wanted to stop the cycle of hate by killing himself. I would've wanted him to live instead and not me but from the memories he erased from me, the person who needed to die was Eren himself.

I miss him so much. I want him to come back but, that's not possible.

I sat down beside his grave. The sun was shining bright and the wind was fairly strong.

I clutch at the necklace Eren gave me tightly as I sobbed. I miss him so much. I didn't want him to die. Why, just why?!

Suddenly, a small bird who came flying from the sky landed in front of me. It had beautiful green eyes, similar to Eren's. It gently sat on my shoulder and it nuzzled it's face on my neck.

"Eren..." And with that, I fell asleep.

Around an hour later, I woke up. I felt a bit of weight on my shoulders. I looked on my left and tears started streaming down.

There he was, Eren Yeager sleeping peacefully on my shoulder.

He woke up. He opened his eyes and turned his gaze upon me. I felt the same butterflies I felt when I first saw him in the warehouse on that day when we attacked Shiganshina.

"Don't leave me again, Eren..." I muttered softly.

He gave me a smile. "I will always be with you in there." He pointed at the brooch.

He gave me one last kiss on the lips and then, I woke up.

That same bird who was nuzzling on my neck flew away.

I sighed. "To the boy who saught freedom, goodbye."

─────────────

a/n: just wanted to do this since i felt like i had to write an alternate ending