28 | Run Away

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

3rd Person's Pov

The sun was setting and most of the Eldians in the Internment Zone were going back to their homes. Falco just finished his harsh training and he was thinking that he wasn't going to make the cut. 

He walked towards the direction of the hospital and glanced at it. He was about to walk away when one of the patients called out to him. 

Falco walked towards him and sat down the bench beside him.

"Um, it looks like you're recovering pretty well. At least well enough to talk." Falco spoke up

"I guess. People come here to get treated for PTSD, but I'm faking it," The man looked at Falco. "I've been acting like I have amnesia, but really... I just don't want to go home. I don't think I can face my family anymore. You gonna tell the doctors?" 

"No, I wouldn't do that." Falco answered

"You're hurt. Did that happen in warrior training?" 

"Yes. But I don't think I'll make the cut. There's this other candidate who's good at everything. I don't stand a chance."

"That's a good thing. You're a good person. I'm glad you'll be able to live a full life."

There was a brief moment of silence. "But I don't want the other candidate to become a warrior." Falco sighed

"Why not?" There was silence once more. "Is this person a girl?" 

"She's famous around here. She even played a big part in ending the war. Everyone knows she's the best pick for the next Armored Titan. But I'm too weak I won't be able to change anything before it's too late." Falco answered

"Every day since I came here, I've been thinking. Why did things end up this way? Having your body and mind rot away, having your freedom taken away, losing your sense of self... Anyone who knew they'd end up this way would never set foot on a battlefield. But something pushes them onward. And they all walk into hell anyway. Usually, that something isn't their own will. The conditions and people around them leave them with no choice. But people who pushes themselves onward see a different sort of hell. They're looking at something pass that hell. It might be hope, or it might be yet another hell. Only the people who keep moving forward can know for sure." 

Your Pov

I just saw Falco leave the hospital. I wonder why he was there? Well, I shouldn't think much about that. I'm here to talk to Eren about our conversation yesterday. I don't want him to be angrier at me but it was worth talking to him again.

I sat down beside him and sighed. "You probably didn't want me here but--"

"Sorry,"

Wait, did he just apologize?

"I was really mad at you for leaving us but I understood that you wanted to meet your mother once again." 

I love this man so much. 

"Why was Falco here earlier?" I asked

"We just talked about something. Nothing to important" 

Suddenly, I felt his hand intertwined with mine. I felt my face heat up. It's been a while since we did this. "I missed you so much Eren..." I mumbled

"I guess you could say I did as well..." He answered

We sat in comfortable silence for a while. I've never smiled like this for years. He's like the only person who made me smile so far. 

"Are you not going home yet? You seem really tired" He whispered into my ear

"Yeah, I know I'm tired but I don't want to leave you like this," Suddenly, this question popped up on my mind randomly. "What happened to my third journal? It's really random but I'm just curious" 

"It's in my house. I've decided to move all of your stuff to my house since I was really hoping that you would come back to us"

He's gonna make me cry again. "I really want to go back to Paradis but I can't. The Marleyan government would attack the island quicker and I don't want to risk all of your lives. Not only that but I have two years left. I'm really sorry Eren"

"No it's fine. We can spend the last two years of our lives together. Let's run away"

Run away? That's way too risky. I'll just have to lie to make him feel better. "I'll think about it. But for now, I'll go home. Good bye Eren" I kissed his cheek and stood up. 

He grabbed my wrist and kissed back of my hand. "Alright. I love you" 

I felt like my stomach had butterflies. I've never expected him to say those words today.

I gave him a small smile and then left. 

On my way back, I bumped into Reiner, Pieck and Porco. 

"You're smiling Y/N! Did something happen?! Are you sick?!" Pieck gasped

"No. I just feel overwhelmed, Pieck" I giggled

"This is weird" I heard Porco mutter

"Shut up horse- I mean, Porky" 

And with that, I ran towards the house, feeling really happy. 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Author's Note

Sorry for the short chapter but I felt unmotivated a bit-