27 | Small Reunion

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

3rd Person's Pov

It was early morning. The Warriors were gathered around at Zeke's office since Zeke called them to. Y/N was sat beside Pieck. Well, not exactly. Pieck had her head resting on her lap. 

"It's not everyday we meet in the war chief's room," Porco sat down and looked at Zeke. "Where's the brass?"

Zeke answered. "Not in this room. Can't we just meet for some tea?"

He handed Porco a cup and proceeded to sit down on his chair. "Now then, the last battle made it clear that normal weapons will overtake Titans in the near future. The weaker Marley becomes, the more the Eldian race is threatened. Our existence is in danger. To rectify this, Marley must obtain the Founding Titan and Paradis' resources" 

Y/N's heart sank. The plan was to basically invade Paradis once again. 

"The world must be strongly reminded of the threat that island poses. To tell that story, we need a narrator. The Tybur family will fulfill that role." Zeke placed the Tybur family's photo on the table.

"The family holding the Warhammer Titan?" Colt questioned

"It's said the Tybur's have never sent the War Hammer Titan to enemy soil. They're influential abroad for driving away King Fritz during the Great Titan War. The world will listen to them" Pieck informed

"That's Pieck for you! Precisely!" Zeke exclaimed

But the Tybur's have been living the life in their huge mansions. Why come out of the woodwork now and pretend to be heroes?" Porco questioned.

"I know how you feel, but the Tyburs are concerned about Marley, too." Zeke explained.

"But we--"

Porco was cut off by Reiner saying. "If it saves our motherland Marley, I'll be grateful. Our Warrior unit can cooperate with the Tyburs and serve as the backbone for restoring Marley." 

"Indeed. Here in Liberio, there will be a festival soon. VIPs from around the world will be invited to hear an announcement from the Tyburs: 'Within a year, we'll control Paradis Island.' The fate of Marley and all Eldians rests in this plan. It cannot fail. For the future of our motherland Marley, we must join our hearts as one." 

After he announced that, they were all dismissed. Despite Y/N not saying a single word to anyone, she immediately exits the headquarters and walked wherever her feet take her.

Your Pov

Would I get in trouble because I left? Maybe. I mean, they can't really do anything. Today is basically our day off but we were just called to the head quarters for that small meeting.