38 | Threats

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Your Pov

Me and Eren parted ways. I went downstairs, down the basement where all of my friends are. Once I arrived at the dimly lit cell, everyone looked at me.

"Y/N?! What are you doing here?!" Armin asked. 

"That night when we were heading back to Paradis, Sasha suggested that we should all talk this out. Plus, I didn't have the chance to talk explain everything that happened four years back." I took the chair from the corner and sat on it. 

"Are you on their side? Are you apart of the Yeagerists, Y/N?" Connie asked

"I'm not exactly sure. I'm free but at the same time, I'm helping Eren." I answered.

"Why are you still working with Eren after all he did to us?" MIkasa questioned me, giving me a sad expression. 

I sighed. "I can't really tell you all why but, I'm not only here so we could talk but I'm here to set you free--"

"Y/N, Eren's looking for you. I'll talk to them for you." It was Yelena. I nodded and looked at my friends.

"I'm sorry guys but let's talk again in another time." 

And with that, I left. I let my instincts guide me and I ended up in another cell. I opened the door and it had Eren and Gabi inside.

"Gabi?! Are you hurt?!" I then looked at Eren to see him with an unamused expression. "Were you gonna hurt Gabi, Eren?"

"No. I was asking her to help us--"

Suddenly, I watched Pieck enter and stab the guard who was with us. "Don't move. Keep quiet, Gabi," 

She pointed the gun on Eren's head. I froze, not knowing what to do. 

"I take it you're Eren Yeager, correct?" She calmly closed the door. "Gabi, aim the rifle at Y/N," I looked behind and saw Gabi following Pieck's orders.

"Eren, hands out of your pockets."

"And if I refuse?"

"I pull the trigger and your brains hit the floor. Ever seen it? No time to transform"

Pieck must be bluffing. She just can't kill Eren without permission from Marley. 

"And? Why don't you pull it? If not, why else are you here? What happens if I don't listen?"

He's too chill for this situation. 

"That's something you'll never know. Once your brains hit--" 

Eren cut her off. "I do know. You won't shoot. You aren't allowed to kill the Founding Titan. Your orders are just to retake it. But for that, you'll have to turn me alive, right?" 

I could hear Gabi point the gun to Eren this time. "Pieck!"

"Gabi. Take your finger off the trigger."

I was getting worried. Even if it was a bluff, there's still a possibility that he could get shot. "O-Oi... Eren the gun is on your forehead now--"

He then looked at me without hesitation. "Do you not trust me?"

"I- I'm sorry"

He looked back at Pieck and continued. "You're not the only one who would pay for defying the military. Your family in the zone would, too."

"Yeah, I won't shoot. And eating you doesn't seem possible either, so... You found my Titan footprints from when I invaded, right? I thought I did well sneaking into your midst without being caught. But I have other reasons for not shooting.  If you used the Founding Titan's power, couldn't you defeat Marley?" Eren stayed silent. "You wouldn't make the world your enemy unless you knew you could win. Do you have something more other than the Founding Titan?" Pieck questioned

"Supposing I did, what's your goal?" Eren asked her

"To free all Eldians in Marley and around the world. I want to free my family in the Internment Zone. I became a Warrior to get my dad, my only family, proper medical care. He survived, but he's incredibly sad knowing my term will soon be over. Before I die and leave him behind, I want to show him Eldia has a bright future. For that, Marley needs to be crushed. I'll help however I can. If we can slaughter Marley, I'll do whatever it takes."

That sounds so much like a lie. Knowing Pieck, she trusts her comrades more than Marley itself. There has to be someone else here. Someone like Porco nearby. Reiner can't be hidden here without getting recognized so maybe, just maybe Porco might be here as well.

Pieck and Gabi had a talk about being good Eldians and being Marleyan. I honestly feel very bad for Gabi. She was brainwashed just like most of us Eldians in Marley into the same system. They expected perfection. 

"Prove it. If you're going to cooperate with us, show us you mean it." Eren has cut himself with the ring I gave him. It was the same ring given to me when I first started out as a Warrior. I figured that Eren might need it today just in case. Plus, I'm not planning on transforming since I promised Eren that I won't even transform.

"I'll show you were my comrades are"

No, I don't trust her. This could be a trap.

"How?"

"If we go to the roof, I can point out where they are."

We exited the room and guard approached us. Eren ordered them to place handcuffs on both of Pieck and Gabi's wrists. While they did that, it was the right time to tell Eren about my suspicion. 

"What is it, Y/N?" 

"This might be a trap. If I were you, I would wound myself right now and transform once she does transform" I leaned onto his ear and whispered.

"I know. But I'm still not allowing you to fight. Cause if you do, the cycle of hate would just continue"

I sighed. I'm afraid of losing him. I don't wanna see his death... Just like how I saw him die in my dreams. 

I just hope that he could just activate the rumbling and finish all of these catastrophes.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Author's Note

I might actually finish this book in one night-