1 | Utgard Castle

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Your Pov

Is our journey really ending right here? Right now? Just when I thought I could escape Marley's puppet strings... Zeke has arrived to check up on us.

These past few years was eventful. First of all, me, Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt joined the Survey Corps. Next, while Annie was going to get captured, we were suddenly sent to the front lines. But most importantly, my crush, Eren Yeager has the Attack Titan and possibly the Founding Titan.

I don't want any of these 'devils' to die. I wasn't supposed to get attached to them but I did. If I wasn't acting like a nice and kindhearted person, this wouldn't happen.

I need a plan to retrieve my journals back as well. They were my mother's birthday gifts to me. I can't just leave them here in Paradis.

I'll just have to somehow convince Reiner and Bertholdt to let me stay a bit longer. What if I tell them that I could possibly get more intel? I mean, I'm one of the most trusted here. But then again... I feel bad for all of my friends. On the bright side, I can figure out how to get Annie out as well.

a few hours earlier

It was really dark. There wasn't a hole in the wall at all. We checked at least two times but nothing. It was as if Zeke came and checked up on us.

I doubt that's the case though. There's probably just rare Titans inside of Wall Rose and no one just noticed?

Oh who am I kidding? That's impossible. I just really want to hope that they're not here.

I didn't hear what our superiors told us but I'm certain that they want us to follow them towards that small castle in the distance.

The ride there was quiet. I made myself drown in my own thoughts. Like for example, if we were actually going to encounter Zeke, I'll have to convince Reiner and Bertholdt first. I'd have to ensure them Annie's safety as well since she's obviously my best friend and I'm not leaving without her.

More thoughts came up my head. Stuff like my friendship with Mikasa, Armin's stories about the Sea, Connie, Sasha and Jean's silliness and... Eren, just Eren.

Eren's been making my heart skip a beat these days. I don't know why but him and general is just... perfect. Is this what they call a crush? Or perhaps, Love?

But that won't happen in a million years. He probably likes Mikasa. I've asked Mikasa in the past if she liked Eren but she simply just said that she thinks of him as a brother.

That still hurts. She might be lying.

"Oi we're here"

Hearing Reiner's voice made me snap back to reality.

I simply nodded as an answer.

Thoughts kept flooding my mind still.

What would happen if the Warriors amongst us reveal ourselves? Would we simply be defeated by these 'demons'? Are we going to be successful? Do we get what we desire the most though?

Deep down, I don't want being controlled by Marley's puppet strings. In fact, I'm only doing this since I want my mother to be happy. I really want to go back but these 'devils' made my heart strings tingle. What have they done to me?

"Y/N... Is there something you want to tell me or Bertholdt?" Reiner asked once again, breaking me out of my chain if thoughts.

"No! No... I'm not sure if you both want to hear it" I mumbled as I tried to get away from the pair.

"Don't leave us hanging, Y/N. Aren't we comrade after all? Just tell us" Bertholdt sighed

"I will. If someone acts more like a Warrior than a Soldier"

Reiner has changed as well. Ever since we started the attack on Trost, he started acting like a whole different person even if it was just me, Annie and Bertholdt.

(A/N: Why is it when I'm sick or half asleep i always write better than when i'm feeling perfectly fine?)

Our superiors told us to stay and rest at the middle floor of the Castle. I honestly don't want to rest. I want to explore this castle more. Or actually, find something to eat.

I arrived at this room. There were so many chests inside. I opened one of them and my eyes widened. There were Marleyan texts at all of the items. This must be from a hundred years ago.

I continued rummaging through the stuff till I found some of those Marleyan rations. They could last for like a fifty years but this might have gone really bad.

But aren't I a Titan Shifter? I probably wouldn't get food poisoned.

But whatever. I'll just leave it here.

I also found a pen and and a piece of paper. I could use that to write my plan and give it to my two protective brothers.

But still... I really feel bad about my friends here in Paradis. I witnessed Marco's death, Hana's death, Thomas' death and so on. I don't want to lose them just like Marcel. I wanna act like their nice sibling. But that's obviously impossible in a world like this.

I heard muffling from the other room. It sounded like Reiner and Ymir. They're probably looking for food or something like that.

"Wake up, everybody! Get to the tower as fast as you can"

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Author's Note

I accidentally published this earlier-

But i'm back from the dead 😩✋