34 | Dedicate your Hearts

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Your Pov

It has been a month since we ended up in this cell. Things were getting boring but this week, some of the scouts kept coming to out cell. Those scouts and Eren kept talking about something while I was pretending to be asleep. I confronted him yesterday about it but apparently, I would find out tomorrow. 

Currently, I was playing with the necklace Eren gave me while he was braiding my hair. 

"Eren? I'm still confused with everything. Are you going to activate the rumbling when you meet up with Zeke? Please be honest with me. I really want to know" I sighed as I stared into the brooch's emerald.

"I'm not sure if you're ready to hear it. I don't want to make you cry again..." 

"Please tell me! It's not that bad, right?"

I'm getting nervous with this. Please don't be bad. 

"I might die while activating the rumbling," No... He can't be serious. "When I kissed Historia's hand when she was giving the medals to the surviving scouts 4 years ago, I saw the future. After seeing you smile, everything went black"

"You might be overthinking this Eren. You can't die. Maybe you somehow broke the Curse of Ymir and that causes you to lose the ability to look into the future."

Wait, what if he was planning on doing the rumbling because of Founder Ymir? I'm not sure how I'm getting these kind of thoughts but yeah... what if?

"Hmm... Maybe I am overthinking this" He muttered as he continued to braid my hair.

The next few minutes was silent. It was uncomfortable or anything but it was silent.

"We're escaping tomorrow,"

Wait, what?

He finished braiding my hair and he told me to sit down beside me. "We'll be using the Warhammer Titan to escape so you better get some rest."

This is scaring me a bit. But, I should trust him. "What are we going to do after we escape?" I asked.

"We'll be going to my house to rest a bit and then we approach the others calmly." 

This doesn't sound good. But I don't really have a choice. "Alright."

3rd Person's Pov

It was early morning. Armin and Hitch were walking along the headquarters while Armin as reading the newspaper. 

"Military clings to power by wrongfully detaining Eren Yeager," Armin read the newspaper out loud. "Distrust in Military soars higher. Because they're not giving the public any answers. Well, they can't just disclose Zeke and the rumbling."

That's when they both noticed the crowd outside the gate. 

"Only Eren can save Eldia!"

"Yeager's the only one who avenges the eaten!"

"The new Eldian empire needs Eren Yeager!"

The crowd continued to protest outside of the gate. A few minutes later, Mikasa met up with Armin. They spotted Scout recruits nearby and they found it really odd.

"I heard Hange's all over the place." 

"Yeah. I guess something needed checking out." Armin answered Premier Zachary

"Indeed. And I permitted a volunteer to go along," He faced the two scouts. "I can't allow you two to meet Eren and Y/N."

"Why not?!" Armin exclaimed

"Because we know Eren had contact with the volunteers. Eren kept quiet about his secret meeting which resulted in the raid on Marley. We're currently investigating if anyone else was involved with it. Eren nor Y/N hasn't said a word since the truth came to light. We're still in the dark about what he did during his time in Marley, too. Not only that but we still don't know about Y/N's true intentions. She hasn't said a single word to anyone other than Eren ever since they entered the cell. But we believe that Eren is being manipulated by Zeke while Y/N was being manipulated by Eren. I'm telling you this because it's you two, but keep quiet about it." 

"Eren... Y/N... No way" Armin muttered

"What will happen to Eren?!" Mikasa noticed the new chair in the corner of the room. "Is that...?"

"Hmm? It's nothing. I had recruits bring it here since there was nowhere to store it." 

"But, Premier, if Eren and Y/N aren't talking, all the more reason I think we can help. I'm not sure we can get the truth out of them, but there's no harm in trying." Armin pleaded

"The situation is too delicate. We're done talking here."

Feeling hopeless, Armin and Mikasa left the room. They were walking down the halls when suddenly, the Premier's room suddenly blew up.

They ran out of the building only to find out that Premier Zachary died because of that explosion.

"Dedicate your hearts! Our anger reached 'em! Now's the time to fight!"

"I'll fight too!"

"Me too!"

"And me!"

The civilians outside the gate continued to protest.

"Yeah, it's time to fight!"

"Let's show 'em how angry we are!"

"Dedicate your hearts!" 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Author's Note

I hate how they're saying shinzou would sasageyo when they didn't even do shit years ago