25 | Delusions

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Your Pov

"It was never meant to be"

Those very words wouldn't leave my mind. It has been four years since I've said those same words to. my friends and every time my mind would bring it up, all I felt was guilt. I should've forgotten about all of those 'devils' by now but I just can't. Living peacefully, thinking that the only enemies you had were pure Titans. They must really hate me.

Staring at the sea made me calm. It made me remember all the times I spent with them. Even if I felt guilty, the times me and my friends spent were priceless.

"Miss Y/N!" I turned around and saw the Warrior Candidates running towards me.

"Oh hi! Are you guys not tired? We just fought for almost the whole day" I said as I force a smile as I faced them.

Those children were the only ones I could smile at. Like I said before, they were precious.

"Yeah but Gabi convinced us to ask you this specific question." Zofia muttered.

Question? I wonder what it is.

"Go ahead and ask" I chuckled and sat down on the floor.

"Who gave you that necklace? You always stared at it whenever we were in battle and I just can't help but be curious" Gabi admitted as she sat down beside me.

At this point, the four of them waited for my answer. I wanted to answer truthfully but at the same time, I don't want them to see me as someone who fell in love with an enemy, a devil from that island.

"He's someone that... Someone who made me happy. He gave me this brooch before the night of the umm... War and we promised to get home safely and... I promised to never take this off."

I sighed as I remembered that memory. I broke that promise of me and him going back home safely. I feel really bad for him so much. That day probably ruined him. He not only found out about the truth of the outside world, but one of the people he trusted the most betrayed him.

"Wait... You had a boyfriend?!" Gabi yelled in shock

"Who has a boyfriend?" I turned around and saw Reiner.

"No one did. You're hallucinating or something" I muttered.

The Warrior Candidates excluding Falco, run towards me and Reiner. Gabi then asked him."Reiner! You're okay to walk?"

"Yeah. Are you guys?" He then asked the children in front of him.

I didn't listen to them anymore but I was staring out in the sea. However, I felt someone staring at me. It wasn't any of the Candidates or even Reiner. It was someone familiar.