I AM A KILLER : CHAPTER 57 ♦ BELLE OF THE DEPARTMENT AND CONFESSION

Start from the beginning

"Haha! Xiao Xuan, did you watch too much Pokonyan!*? How can there possibly be a time machine! Time can't reverse itself!"

* 叮当猫 = Pokonyan!; Pokonyan! is a 1993–1996 anime series produced by NHK. There are 170 episodes, each 10 minutes long. It is licensed by Enoki Films as Rocky Rackat!. Pokonyan! was very popular in the 1990s, when there was a tanuki trend.

"Einstein's Theory of Relativity states that when the speed of something exceeds the speed of light, time will reverse."

"First of all, I won't deny the theory the great Einstein said, but I think that once time has passed, it's passed, it's impossible to turn it back. For those who have passed away, how is it possible for time to reverse and for the dead to come alive? If there really was a time machine, then won't everyone be able to return to the ancient times? If that's the case, then history would be a mess!"

"...true." Zhuo Xiao Xuan lowered her head. Then could someone only transmigrate forward in time into the future?

Zhuo Xiao Xuan lowered her head and continued reading. After a while though, she finally couldn't stand it. What in the bullshit was with the plot! The top killer organisation sent out a killer to assassinate this weak female, yet the mission drew to a close with killer failing? Even the top killer in the organisation returned unsuccessful, and even said that he would "no longer kill anyone" because he fell in love with her? And from then on, he defected from the organisation to stay by the female's side to protect her, and then watched on as she tangled herself with the Emperor and multiple Princes unceasingly? Exactly how breathtakingly beautiful of a woman the female MC was that any male species would fall in love with her at first sight?!

Zhuo Xiao Xuan dumped her book aside and went to wash up and sleep. She swore that she won't ever read transmigration books again; she was a retard for having read them in the first place! 

The next day before the sun was up, there was someone in the dorm that'd sneakily waken up to brush their teeth in preparation for the training. In some of the dorms where the students were being too noisy, they were immediately shouted at to cease their ruckus by the people on patrol, and were recorded for the demerits.

After training for a period of time, the company commander had the sergeants round up all the students together for a break and sit in a circle to howl some songs to communicate some feelings.

The company commander stood in the centre-most position, shouting in excitement to stir everyone's enthusiasm. "Who do y'all recommend to come up for a performance?"

"Zhuo Xiao Xuan!" Someone seated among the guys shouted, before the bunch of them burst into laughter. There were few females in military school to begin with, and the majority of had tough and stocky build, hence, Zhuo Xiao Xuan's thin, weak build with a height that barely inched past the minimum height requirement for female soldiers on top of her fair and delicate face was especially conspicuous when mixed among the bunch of tanned students. All the guys had noticed that the prettiest girl in their school was Zhuo Xiao Xuan. Hence there was no time to lose for them to have her go up to perform at a time like that. There wouldn't be such an opportunity in the future if they were to miss this one, hence, they naturally were going to grip on tight to this one.

And so, Zhuo Xiao Xuan who'd remained low-key all throughout the training was pushed out to stand in front of everyone without rhyme nor reason. She was not a shy person to begin with, so she stood in the centre of the open space, natural and unrestrained. 

The company commander said to her: "Sing a song for us."

"There Is Unity In Strength?" That was the only military song she knew how to howl out.