64: The Missing Villainess

Start from the beginning

Another commotion and confusion.

"But you didn't do anything! It's unfair for you to surrender yourself!"

I shouted, It was just me who's against his decision. The nobles stayed silent and the Empress gently look at me. Her eyes... I would never forget how she looks at me. How her expression showed how naive I was.

Knile's grandfather thanks and even admired me for going against his decision but it wouldn't change how determine he was on taking the blame.

Why must people blame someone in order to feel at ease?! Why must he blame himself?!

I ask why he's willing and he answered how he knew everything and did nothing. The destruction- he knew it in advance and didn't bother informing anyone, not even the royal family. He felt guilty for everything it's eating away himself.

He spoke of how he despises the royal family, how they were the ones who started it all, just like Knile. It angers me how everyone just blames one another for their demise.

Somehow, I felt strange. Neville did something that people won't easily forgive back then and I didn't even blame him or anything. I didn't hold grudge against him... I easily forgive him because this was a new start! A new world, a new timeline, and a new Neville.

I feel like everyone is so different I can't understand them.

A sigh escapes my lips as I look at the window, soft-looking snows started falling. I then look back at the document I was writing. Holding the pen in place, I began writing the events that needed to be recorded.

After both trials, Rayll attained his position and became the duke with no one questioning why he killed her sister. I also want to question him but Neville told me not to.

Perhaps he was fulfilling his job as a noble? Even if Celestine wasn't killed by him she would still be executed.

Astley...

I'm worried about him. He had this blank look and it reminds me of Knile. He understands that Celestine created her own demise and yet he continues to stare at Rayll with hostility. I'm perplexed, I wanna help him get over Celestine's death but I'm too busy.

The paper works that was supposed to be done by the Empress was given to me. According to Neville, the empress was sick and no one knew her illness.

Neville suspected the old witch who the empress fought- but I didn't agree with his conclusion. The witch proves his loyalty and helped us... But in exchange killed Arundel whom I dearly miss.

Nevertheless, she won't curse at the Empress nor cause another destruction because that's what I believe in.

That's just what my feelings are telling me. And besides, she respects Arundel's sacrifice. She had the chance of teaming up with Knile and destroying the whole empire but she didn't which cause me another major shock.

I ask her once if she could undo the curse that befalls everyone and she only gave me a smirk. Her eyes glinted and her lips twisted into a smile before laughing. Her demeanor reminded me of Knile.

"I'm not as powerful as you think your highness. And even if I did have, I wouldn't do it. Arundel's wish was to capture Knile, not to stop the chaos she created."

She spoke of wishes... Then is it possible to wish for the chaos to stop? I ask her if she was kind enough to grant my wish but she laughs again this time; her eyes showed mockery.

"Are you this naive? No wonder it was easy to spread such catastrophe. Has it ever occurred to you to dispel the curse yourself? To use the magic the great goddess gave you?"

I was filled with happiness and hope. That's right! We can stop it! I can do it! I'll do it for the people! That happiness, just any other feelings I enjoyed didn't last that long.

Why?

Because the curse was too strong it would cost me my magic.

The thing is, I'm willing to stop the plague, the famine, the suffering that our Empire is undergoing. But, what about the future consequences?

If I did stop it then who will stop Knile?

If I succeeded in destroying the curse and lose my magic in return, who will stop her next chaos? Who will stop her?

The curse she gave us can be compared to a dragon's curse. I've read it before, a curse that would last for eternity.

Neville was also against the idea of me sacrificing my magic. After hearing the witch explain the consequences of sacrificing my magic, he began recruiting and even created an army to eradicate Knile's existence.

It was drastic, but Knile herself is a threat.

And Neville didn't want to pressure me.

The royal family ordered all magicians and even gave them Hyll's richness just to eradicate the plague. They were ordered to create a cure and everyone seems motivated. I guess money really does the job.

Moreover, the power and money Knile was about to inherent were used to help everyone. The famine and lack of food were solved. They brought food in the meantime and seeds for the long run since insects destroyed the crops. I was amazed at how rich her family was.

The witch trials that had been scaring women and the people on mayhem were put to an end. Overall, the plague and the secret organization are being solved right now. Knile was somehow right, it would take the empire years to return its former glory. There's a lot of problems but we're focusing on putting an end to the major ones.

Neville was the one who organizes and lead everything. I ask him again if I could just eradicate the curse but he denies my solution and proceeded to solve everything by himself.

I guess he really does love me he'll do anything for me. He's changing and I'm liking it.

People change, that's a constant rule. The Neville that abused me isn't the Neville now.

(AN; I just finished reading the abandoned empress and uh-- I'm confuse af.. It made me question what love even is.)

As of cue, the man whom I admire came into my office.

"Dear, I've been waiting for you in the bedroom and you haven't come. It's almost midnight, I think it's time for you to stop working."

His voice is soothing. It makes me feel superior just hearing his soft voice because this kind of treatment is only reserve for me.

"I'm already done. I was about to get up."

"You're working hard... Are you sure you're fine? Are you somehow stress?"

"No I'm fine, it seems like you're the one who isn't."

"I'm worried about you I guess..."

I smiled and proceeded to walk towards him, grabbing his hand and leaving the office.

"We shall rest, we have a lot of work tomorrow."

I told him and from the corner of my vision, I saw his gentle smile.

=======

I actually preferred Tia to be single forever lol... I mean, imagine seeing her as the duchess.... Tho whatever, as long as she's happy ig.