|Chapter 23|

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

.

The morning sunlight peeked on Lisa's face, the warm light made her want to never get up from the bed. She slowly stretched her hands to block the light from her face. And then she turned and tossed for a while before finally getting up.

She took her phone which was on the table stand and it showed 7:15 AM. She still had time to get ready. Then she checked her contacts and there was a missed call from her mom. Her mom called last night but because she had her phone on silent she didn't notice.

Lisa knew her mom was an early riser so she called back. And as she expected the call was connected within two rings.

"Good morning my beautiful daughter~" Before Lisa could say anything, the other line spoke.

"Morning ma..." Lisa replied with a smile on her face. The last she met her mom was one year ago and how much she misses her. "Sorry I didn't notice your call last night."

"Were busy with studies?" She heard her mother, her voice had a hint of teasing in it and Lisa wanted nothing more than to roll her eyes.

"What else ma?" Lisa snorted.

"No, I thought you would maybe be busy with a boyfriend or something?" Her mother grinned from the other line, like exactly what Lisa thought.

"Maa.." Lisa whined. It wasn't the first time her mother bought up this topic. And Lisa hated it.

"What? You are a beautiful young and mature girl so having a boyfriend is normal right?" Her mother chuckled.

"Maa I'm hanging up." Lisa deadpanned.

"Oh no no okay I won't tease anymore." Mother Manoban laughed aloud making Lisa roll her eyes, "Have you ever heard moms telling their daughters to get in a relationship rather than studying and focusing on their career?"

"Lali you are already 23 this year, at least get a handsome boyfriend so that I can show off him to your aunties." Mother Manoban snorted.

"Ma why did you call last night?" Lisa being annoyed by the topic tried changing it.

"Changing the topic won't get you anywhere darling, and yeah it's almost new year come visit Ma and pa.." Lisa heard her mother.

"I'll..after the finals of this semester," Lisa replied while getting out of bed.

"And yeah about the boyfriend thing, please get one with you this time ne?" Mother Manoban pleaded.

"Maaaaaaa..."

~

"Why so gloomy?" Chaeyoung asked as Lisa grabbed the stool beside her. Chaeyoung was observing her from the moment she came out of her room with a black face. Looking at that face she knew something was up.

"Nothing." Lisa shortly replied as she shoved a piece of bread in her mouth but Chaeyoung stared at her with an expression which screamed 'lying won't get you anywhere Manoban' so finding no other way she sighed aloud.

"Why my mom is like that? Hearing her, sometimes I feel like she won't mind throwing any guy on my bed as long as I get together with him." Lisa huffed with a mid-eaten bread in her mouth and Chaeyoung couldn't help but laugh looking at her.

"My auntie is merely worried that what if her daughter is a lesbian..." Chaeyoung giggled. And Lisa sharply glared at the latter. "I am serious Park Chaeyoung!"