|Chapter 17|

"Hold on to whatever keeps you warm inside." 

.

No one knew how long they sat there, Lisa silently crying and Jungkook holding her in his arms. From the day he knew her, never in once he saw her crying. And now seeing her cry in his arms looking so vulnerable, his heart tighten. The sudden urge of never letting her cry again filled Jungkook's veins.

The rain didn't stop. It just kept getting heavier and heavier. Jungkook also didn't want her to catch a cold neither her ankle was in a good condition so he carefully carried her in his arms. At first, he wanted to take her back to her dorm but Lisa refused saying she didn't want to face anyone. And Jungkook understood her. Then he just asked her for once that does she trust him or not. Lisa stared at blue for a while before slowly nodding her head in a yes.

The next Lisa knew they were in front of an apartment. The apartment wasn't that big but cozy and warm. Jungkook carefully placed her on a soft sofa before disappearing inside. Lisa was tired. Her eyes were red. And her ankle hurt more than before. She looked around and found some pictures on the wall. One was Jungkook back hugging a younger girl than him. Both of them smiled cheerfully at the camera. And another one was Jungkook standing with a lady in her early forties. Both of them looked happy and carefree.

Lisa stared at those photos and couldn't help but miss her family. It's been a while since she met them. Lisa wanted but she couldn't find the courage to stand in front of her mom. How could she, when she herself couldn't save her sister? Wasn't it all her fault to begin with?

The corners of her eyes felt dry as she continued to stare. But soon a familiar voice interrupted, "They are my family, that girl is my sister Jeon Somi, she's in high school and annoys a lot..." Jungkook chuckled as he explained. "That's my mom Jeon Ara and that is....my dad." He pointed towards a family photo, his voice lowed during the last part which wasn't unnoticeable by Lisa and she chose to argue not.

And the second she knew Jungkook knelt in front of her and took her ankle in his lap. Lisa's eyes widened realizing what was happening. "Hey you don't hav- "

Lisa couldn't finish, "But I want to doll..." He smiled and carefully started undoing the already wet bandage on her ankle. Lisa shivered feeling pain around the area. "I'm sorry.." Jungkook apologized and looked at her in worry.

"Nah it's good..." Lisa tried smiling but only felt pain. Jungkook carefully undid the bandage and replaced it with a new one. When he was done he put the first aid box aside and stood up. Then his eyes roamed on her clothes which were already soaked ugly.

"Lisa you need to change or you'll catch a cold...." Jungkook sounded worried. Lisa was always used to Chaeyoung's nagging for her to take care of herself but now that Jungkook's doing the same thing she felt uneasy. Her brain was telling her it won't lead anywhere good but her heart was telling her to give it a try. She was torn between her own brain and heart.

Lisa was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even realize when Jungkook bent down and picked her in his arms like a feather. To compose her balance she tightly snaked her hands around his neck. His one arm beneath her bare knees and another one on her back. Lisa stared at him in confusion looking like the most adorable creature alive.

And Jungkook had the great urge to ruffle her hair.

"I'll give you some of my clothes and you can wear them...." He smiled and carried her towards his bedroom. When they reached he carefully placed her on his bed and went towards his closet.

Lisa looked around, his bedroom was far beyond what she imagined it would be. Everything was neatly arranged at its place. Most of the room was designed in black and grey. Lisa had no idea about the time but through the window, she could see the downpouring and the dark sky.