|Chapter 5|

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

.

"Dad please forgive her, she didn't do anything wrong, don't hit her please." Lisa found herself begging her father to have mercy on her younger sister Yeri. Tears made their way through her cheeks when Lisa saw Yeri dropping on the group with a loud thud. Probably passed out because of their father's hard slap. Lisa wanted to help her, damn she wanted to help her more than anything else. But she couldn't, she could only watch it through the glass window.

"She deserves this, you all do." Her father hissed and opened the door. Lisa felt her body shiver in anger when he stood in front of her. "Learn how to behave, or you won't be any better than this." His cold voice made Lisa's stomach knot but she knew better than to argue. She simply nodded, teary eyes glued to the ground. With a satisfied smirk her father left.

Lisa ran towards her sister, there were many buries over her cheeks and a small cut on the lips. "Yeri." Lisa put her head on her lap and shook her body. "I'm o-kay unn..ie." Yeri stuttered, with a faint smile. How could a 7 years old kid know how to hide her pain this easily. Lisa cried. What else could she do? She felt angry at herself. Only if she was there to save her sister this won't happen. Her heartfelt heavy. Her grip around Yeri tighten. "I'm sorry Yeri, I'm so sorry. This's all my fault." Lisa held the small body with all her strength, afraid that she might disappear. In return Yeri only smiled a weak smile. Suddenly Lisa felt like Yeri was vanishing in the thin air, she couldn't hold her anymore. "Yeri...don't go please don't gooooo......" She screamed but it was too late for that.

"Noooooooo........." Lisa felt her body shiver in fear, the same fear she felt 12 years ago. 12 years. Her whole body felt sweaty. She looked around with wide eyes to only find herself on her bed. Her dorm. The whole place was covered with darkness, only the moonlight was her last hope. And then she felt something warm on the top of her hands and realized she was crying. Her palms touched her cheeks and found it wet. Her heartfelt heavy just like it felt 12 years ago. When she lost her. When she lost Yeri.

"I'm sorry...." A whisper left her mouth.

"Lisa open the door, are you okay? Lisaaa." Suddenly she heard Chaeyoung's voice. The latter probably heard her scream. She hurriedly wiped away her tears. "I'm okay Chaeng, don't worry go back to sleep." She tried to sound as calm as possible. "Sure?" Chaeyoung's asked, very worried about Lisa. Because it wasn't the first time she heard Lisa panicking in the middle of the night. Nightmares!

"Yes," Lisa said hoping Chaeyoung would buy her words. Because she didn't want anyone to see how vulnerable she really was. No one should know what she had been through. No one. Her whole body was shaking in fear, pain, anger. No matter how many times she wiped away those tears. They just won't stop. So she eventually gave up. Lisa ran towards the washbasin and smashed cold water on her face. Her long blonde hair lay on her back. She stared at her own reflection for a while. Her fingerprints tighten around the washbasin. "Get a grip on yourself Lalisa." she heard her subconscious mind.

"I'm sorry Yeri." She again whispered, her heart ached. "I'm sorry....."

---

"Oh my god, I'm so excited...I just can't wait to show everyone my killer moves." Jihyo showed some ironic moves which caused everyone to laugh out loudly. They were in the campus canteen. After hours of classes Jungkook's body ached. He felt damn tired but Jimin and his group of useless friends didn't have any intentions of resting. They simply dragged Jungkook's ass over the canteen. Poor Jungkook didn't have any choice anymore. Nor that he had one before.

"Yeah and I can already imagine how everyone would throw tomatoes at you," Yugyeom smirked, and to everyone's awareness instantly received a slap on his arms. "Yahh that hurts." He whined and Jihyo gave a victorious smile. "Then learn how to keep shut that one heck of a mouth of yours." Everyone laughed causing Yugyeom to roll his eyes.

And suddenly Jungkook saw a group of people entering the canteen. He remembered Bambam and Mina's face. And rather than that, they were classmates for god's sake. After the two, Chaeyoung and Jennie entered, discussing something serious but Jungkook couldn't hear them much. Then Mingyu and Jaehyun and after them, Taehyung and Jinwoo followed. Unwantedly Jungkook thought about Lisa, where's is she?

And when Jungkook almost gave up, thinking she might not come. A blondie entered. Wearing a purple-colored turtle neck top paired with high-waisted black jeans with sneakers. Her blonde hair was highly tied up while her bangs rested on her forehead. And a pair of round glasses completed her look. Believe it or not, she was beautiful, one heck of beauty.

"Whoah am I dreaming or what Head Monitor entered in the canteen?" Yugyeom blinked continuously. "Yeah, I'm seeing Lisa here after a long while, really." Sana nodded in agreement.

"Actually you know I find her quite cool, and her dancing skills are on point. I wish if I could be friends with her." J-hope smiled, pure admiration in his eyes.

"So just go and ask, this won't be that difficult," Jisoo said while she shoved a piece of chicken in her mouth. "She is nothing but a sweetheart." She continued. J-hope shyly scratched the back of his neck. "I'm a little shy." And everyone laughed.

While Jungkook followed Lisa's every move, he noticed one thing, she usually doesn't smile, well she doesn't smile at all. Eyes fixed on a book. Everyone at their table was so loud except her.

Lisa being a good observer, felt someone's gaze on her. When she looked ahead her eyes locked with Jungkook. Lisa was sitting three tables away from Jungkook. She raised her one-eyebrow even if it was covered with her bangs and Jungkook instantly looked away. Feeling rather embarrassed, this was the second time she caught him staring at her.

"Jungkook please bring me a sandwich." Jimin slightly nudged Jungkook and Jungkook rolled his eyes. "What I am? Your slave?" In return Jimin gave him his pleading look while anybody could barely refuse, Jungkook sighed. "Fine...."

He stood up and made his way towards the counter. And much to his surprise, Lisa and Chaeyoung were already there. Chaeyoung warmly smiled at him but Lisa's stare was far beyond warm. More like choking. "You might be Jungkook right?" Chaeyoung pointed her index finger at Jungkook and he nodded with a smile. "Oh yes, Jisoo unnie told us about you. Heard you are a great dancer? We will have fun competing with you. And who knows you might even beat us, right Lisa?" Chaeyoung nudged her arm which was already linked with Lisa's.

Jungkook couldn't tell if she was even hearing their conversation or not. Lisa moved her stare from her book to Chaeyoung and then to Jungkook. Jungkook saw her eyes bored into him and then the right side of her lips tugged a bit and she spoke, "Only in his dreams." and with that, she left the scene without another word. Leaving both Chaeyoung and Jungkook dumbfounded.

'Sorry Jisoo, but she is everything but a sweetheart.' Jungkook thought.

And after a while Chaeyoung awkwardly smiled, "I apologize on the behalf of her, please don't mind she's just like that for a very long time now...."

"Ah..um no problem." Jungkook smiled back, feeling her girl's sincerity. "Thank you, and um...I gotta go Jungkook, see you around." With a last apologetic smile, Chaeyoung walked towards their table. Mentally preparing to beat the hell out of Lisa but on the other hand, there was a certain boy who became quite determined to win this competition.

"Challenge accepted Monitor."