Benny- 14 days - part 4

Start from the beginning

"Benny!" I giggled "no! Let me go!"

I squealed when he picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder and carrying me away from the bed.

"No!" I whined in defeat.

He sat me on the kitchen bench and gave me a little peck on the cheek before turning his attention to the food.

"Now what would my little birthday queen like for her breakfast?"

"You"

"What!" He looked at me with shock.

"I'm kidding! Ummm, pancakes"

"I was kind of hoping you weren't kidding but pancakes it is"

I watched him as he cooked the breakfast, often showing of by flipping them. When they were done we ate and talked, then we had another wrestle about him trying to get me dressed.

"Put some damn clothes on Y/n!"

"Noo I don't want to!"

"You have to wear clothes if we're gonna go out!"

"What if I don't want to wear clothes!"

In the end he won and I wore my favorite dress(which was also his favourite) it was white and Lacey, it had spaghetti straps that crossed at the back and fell just above my knees.
We walked into the streets hand in hand as we always did and he took me to do lots of things. We went bowling first which was really fun. I found it quite hard though and Benny had to help me do it. It was still fun even though I lost. I didn't really care about winning anyway it was spending time with Benny that ment the most to me. After bowling we got some dinner and Benny spilt his coffie all down his shirt, I couldn't stop laughing! We had to make a quick trip home so he could change and we ended up getting a little naughty in that time...

We had a little walk around the park then Benny took me to a beautiful little restaurant for tea. By the time we finished our food it was dark outside, so we both walked home holding eachother close.

"There are so much more things I want to do with you princess" he sniffled.

"Aww Benny!" I exclaimed "are you crying?"

"No!" He defended " a little..."

"It's ok Benny I'm here"

"There was just so much we hadn't thought about yet, we never talked about weather we wanted kids, or going on a nice little holiday in some hot country, or..."

"Benny stop" I paused him " please don't make this into a sad memory. I want it to be happy. I've had the absolute best day of my life"

"I'm glad you liked it darling" he kissed my head " I love you"

"I love you too"

Then everything went black.

Once again I woke up to the harmonious beeping sound of that dreaded heart monitor. An IV tube in arm, again providing me of fluid. I rose out of my sleeping position straight away, sitting up.

"God damn hospital!" I yelled " I hate this fucking place I don't want to be here!"

"Excuse me ma'am calm down please" a woman told me.

"What's going on!" I demanded from her.

"You will be discharged in a few says ma'am"

"I want to know what's going on!"

"I can't tell you ma'am" she turned to write something down on some paper.

"I'm asking you what's happening!"

"I'm afraid it's not my place to say ma'am"

I slammed my first onto the table next to my bed.

"WILL SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON!" I bellowed.

"Mrs Watts I need you too relax you will be told soon!" She said her voice raised.

"I want to know now!" I whimpered.

"Mrs Watts?" Another voice said.

A man stood in the doorway, holding papers and files in his hands. His hair was brown, faded grey. His skin wrinkled from age. He had glasses and wore a white robe, so I guessed he was a doctor.

"Yes?" I answered him, eager to find out what was happening.

"You had an operation twenty-four hours ago, a heart transplant" he told me "it was successful"

"A heart transplant?" I repeated "so... I'm ok now?"

"Yes you don't have to worry about any heart issues for now" he said " I recommend that you quit smoking, if you need any help or guidance for it you can seek it here"

"Where's my husband?" I asked him.

"Yes I'm getting to that" he said.

He walked foward to me and held out an envelope in front of me. I took the envelope and ripped it open, grabbing the paper inside.

I read it.

To my sweet wife Y/n,

If you're reading this then your heart transplant was successful. I know you must be very confused so I'll try my best to explain to you. That night we were heading home, you collapsed again. I had no choice but to call an ambulance and get you to the hospital. I know you hate hospitals but I wasn't just going to leave you.
When I got you to the hospital you started fading. Slipping away from me. I couldn't lose you that easily. I wouldn't allow it. I spoke to the doctors and they told me there were no donors. There wasn't anything they could do to help you. But I could. I got tested and surprisingly my blood type is the same as yours and my tissue type is very similar too. You see my darling, I told you I would do whatever it takes to make sure you live out the rest of your life. So I did. I gave you my heart.
Now please don't get upset my dear, I did it purely because I love you more than anything in the world. Because you, deserve to live a long happy life. You deserve to have a family, to grow old, to live. So if that means giving my heart to you then that is what I'll do. It is what i've done.

Just press your hand to your chest, and you will feel my heart beating. Keeping you alive.

Take care of my heart darling.

Benny xxx

I placed a hand on my chest and felt the steady rhythm of his heart... beating.