Benny- 14 days - part 4

Start from the beginning

Benny spoke to the doctors about getting me discharged. They were reluctant to let me considering my current state but he managed to persuade them. Benny agreed that as soon as there was a donor available, he would be informed.

I got changed from the flimsy, little hospital dress they made me wear and got into some comfortable clothes of my own. Benny drove us home and as soon as we got back I ran to our bedroom and flopped onto our bed. Benny just laughed, watching from the door. It was nice to be home, in my own bed.

For the next two weeks me and Benny had the time of our lives. We went on picnics, saw movies, played games, I even convinced him to sing karaoke with me once. He was not pleased about that, but he did it anyway.

I woke to a gorgeous morning. The musical tweeting of birds from outside calmed me.

"Morning"

Benny stroked my hair and rubbed my arm, trying to wake me up. I rolled over in the bed to face him.

"Hi" I smiled.

"Hi"

"It's so early" I moaned " do we have to get up"

"The earlier we get up the more time of day we have to spend"

"Oh, yeah, because the earlier we get up the more time we get to spend together before I..."

He pressed a finger to my lips, stopping me from finishing the sentence.

"Please don't say that darling"

"But it's true"

"Not just for that reason" he smiled.

"What other reason do we have to wake up so early for?"

"You're kidding right? You don't remember?"

I shook ny head and his jaw dropped.

"Happy birthday"

"Oh my god it's my birthday?" I sat up "I totally forgot!"

"Yes well we are doing something special today"

"Oh Benny you don't have to, I wouldn't mind just cuddling in bed with you"

"Oh no, you are having the best birthday of your life mrs, so get your pretty little butt out of bed!"

"I want my morning kiss first!"

"Soo needy!" He chuckled "one"

He gave me a quick little kiss but I pulled him back to kiss him more. He moved me away and gave me a serious look ( I knew he was just playing with me though).

"Hey I said one kiss!" He said "we need to hurry or we'll miss the whole day!"

"Benny it's like seven in the morning!" I laughed.

"Exactly now come on!"

He got out of bed and walked out but walked back in again leaning against the door frame.

"Out. Now"

"No" I folded my arms and pouted.

"You have until the count of three and then I'm getting you out myself"

"Nope" I teased.

"1"

"Still no"

"2"

"I'm not moving!"

"3!"

He jumped into the bed and locked me in his arms, we ended up wrestling, sort of play fighting for a little while.