xxiv. no body, no crime

Start from the beginning

Evan woke up a few hours later, not knowing if he was alive. Every single part of his body hurt, though it wasn't something he hadn't felt before.

"Come on, little master," whispered Effy the house-elf, "Master Evan needs to leave."

Evan grunted as he sat up, "Where are we?" he asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"Effy brought you up to your room after your parents left you. Master must leave. Effy has packed his bags. They are bringing he who must not be named and his followers. Master Hugo and Mistress Eleanor said they want you to get the mark today."

Evan's eyes snapped open, "They're what?!" he whispered yelled, "Why would they do that?"

"Effy overheard your parents talking. That if you get the mark, you'll have to obey them. Effy knows that the young master is not happy here. Master must leave before he gets hurt again." said the tiny house elf with wide eyes.

Evan could cry out of gratitude for Effy. He couldn't believe that she had done such a thing for him. Evan quickly got out of bed, still hurting from his wounds, and went to his desk. He took out a parchment and one of his many pens and started writing. It took him a few minutes to get everything else in order before he turned to Effy once again.

"Effy, I need you to give this to a member named Regulus Black. Make sure no one knows that you gave it to him. Please." he said, giving her the letter.

Effy nodded her head, "Yes, Master Evan."

He looked around the room and noticed that all his items were gone and saw two large suitcases by the door.

"One last thing Effy," he whispered to the house-elf, "can you take me somewhere?"

Once again, Effy nodded. Even then told her the address he knew he'd be safe, well, at least he'd hoped. Effy grabbed his hand in hers and took him to where the suitcases were. She then proceeded to snap her dainty fingers, and they were gone in a blink of an eye.

----

8:00 pm

"Welcome, Bellatrix, Narcissa, Lucius, and Regulus. It's a pleasure for you to come to our home," Eleanor sweetly ushed her guests into the large living room.

They were the first guests to show up for the meeting. Hugo had called in, saying that Evan was ready to get the mark, and the Lord was pleased with this, saying that it must happen immediately. It was supposed to be a small affair with only the Dark Lord's most trusted there, which happened to be the Black family and the eldest Malfoy.

Narcissa, being the nicest, answered, "Thank you for having us."

"The dark lord will be here soon," announced Bellatrix as she slumped over the oversized leather couch. Both Narcissa and Lucius followed suit in sitting, all except Regulus. He was constantly looking over his shoulder, waiting for him to show up. He wondered why on earth Evan had agreed on taking the mark. It was the Rosier's worse nightmare.

"Mrs. Rosier, would you mind if I go and see how Evan is doing?" Regulus asked with a monotone voice.

Eleanor agreed, "Yes, of course. You know where his room is," she said while she went back to conversing with Narcissa.

Regulus slowly walked up the grand stairs. He had to admit that the Rosier Manor was even colder than 12 Grimmauld Place; he loathed it. He made his way through the many hallways till he got to the southwest area of the house, where Evan's room was. He quietly knocked on the door only to hear no response; in Regulus's mind, that could mean either of two things: one that Evan managed to escape or two that he was dead. The youngest Black then pushed open the door to reveal an empty room. All Evan's clothes, books, pictures, and personal items were gone. That meant that his suspicions were correct: Evan got out.