"Sam I don't think we should... great." he didn't hear me and before I could find him again, he got lost in the crowd.

For a moment I hesitated but then turned around and ran up the stairs, trying to find Bucky. He remembered me even when he was deeply brainwashed, I hoped that he could do it again.

More higher floor I reached, quieter the surrounding got. I stopped for a moment to catch my breath and thought if it's even worth it since there was no sign of Bucky being near by.

Then I heard a sound of a helicopter. By the fact that it was really loud, I could tell that it was on the roof. And judging by the amount of stairs I walked up, the roof better be near.

I started running up again and after two floors I reached the door that lead to the roof.

I tried to open them but they were locked. "Are you fucking kidding me.." I mumbled annoyed as I tried to open them a few more times, even though I knew it was worthless.

A normal person would just give up at this point. But the psychopath that I was immediately got an idea as soon as I saw a smaller window above the door.

I took a knife from my 'knife pocket', gave it a quick kiss for luck and threw it at the window's glass.

I covered my head as the small pieces of glass felt down all over me.

"Great... now how do I get up there..." I mumbled to myself as I jumped as high as I could. Obviously not high enough.

"Barnes ... you better ... at least... pay me a drink ... after this is ... over ..." I mumbled as I was climbing up the door frame. How did that even look like you may ask? I'll leave it to your imagination.

As I finally reached the window, at first I tried to go through it slowly. But then I realised that sliding my belly over the remaining sharp glass that was left on the window frame wasn't the best idea.

So I jumped. Like literally. With a flip. And when I landed I quickly made a front roll so I wouldn't hit my head.

Then I quickly stood up and tried to catch my balance. "THAT WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER!" I literally shouted, amazed by myself.

My moment of victory was interrupted when I saw a man trying to stop a helicopter from flying away with his bare hands.

The man was, surprisingly, Steve. And inside the helicopter was Bucky.

"Shit shit shit ..." I kept repeating myself as I ran towards Steve. Yes he was strong, but I didn't believe that even he could stop the helicopter.

I was just a few meters away when Bucky decided that Steve had enough of arm workout and directed the helicopter towards him.

I fell on the ground right before the tail rotor could chop off my head. I groaned  in pain as I stumbled up back on my feet.

"Emily?! Get away from here!" Steve shouted when he saw me before a metal hand grabbed him by his neck. Steve growled, trying to get away from Bucky's reach. As he was pulling away, he kept pushing the helicopter towards the end of the roof.

"No stop!" I yelled as I ran towards them, knowing that if he kept pushing, they will both fall down into the water that surrounded the building.

I reached for Steve's arm to help him get away from Bucky and stay up the roof. But I was too late. He slipped right through my grip as they both fell down the roof, together with the helicopter.

I looked over the edge and saw the helicopter sinking down the river, together with Steve and Bucky. I covered my mouth in shock as a few tears streamed down from my wide opened eyes. This was probably the most horrifying thing I witnessed and since the people included meant something to me it made everything much worse.

I felt the weight fall on my chest. Steve may still get out alive but Bucky? He was in the helicopter. Without help I didn't think he had any chance.

I ran back to the door and once again tried to open them. "Fuck this.." I mumbled stressed as I used all my strength to kick the door. I managed to make them fall off after the second try and immediately ran down the stairs.

"Move! Move! Move!" I kept repeating quickly as I got outside and tried to move past people without crashing into anyone. I had to push some of them out of my way but it was completely their fault since they wanted to argue about how rude I was. I mean ... COULDN'T THEY SEE THAT I WAS IN A HURRY?!

I finally got to the less crowded street as I took a few last turns until I finally reached the side of the building where they fell off the roof.

I let out a relieved breath when I saw Steve getting out of the water and pulling Bucky out as well. After he got him out completely, he sat down on the edge of the river, trying to catch his breath and coughing roughly.

Bucky, however, was lying down on the ground completely still.

Closer that I got, more obviously I could see that he wasn't breathing. As I finally reached them, I crashed down on my knees next to Bucky and checked his breathing and heartbeat.

No sign of either.