Oh god she looks scared now! Too soon Newt! Fuck!

"No! I mean... You look nice today not that you don't usually look nice I mean... you look cute... no I mean... not that kind of cute, like the cute were I could... like I could just pick you up and take you to my hut with me"

What the fuck did you just say to her! That sounded very wrong Newt.

She stood infront of me with her eyes widened. I saw Thomas and Minho behind her, their faces in their hands with embarrassment.

"Oh shit... no I didn't mean that... I don't want to take you to my hut I ment like... oh no"

"Newt slow down!" She said.

"In sorry!I'm rambling aren't I? Oh god!"

"Newt it's ok just calm down" she said.

"I'm so sorry I didn't m..."

She pressed her hand on my forehead. I'm pretty sure I almost passed out on the spot.

"I...what are you doing?" I asked her.

"Checking to see if you have a temperature" she said " are you feeling ok Newt?"

"Oh I feel fine..."

"Newt my man!" Minho slapped his hand on my shoulder.

"We need to talk about... running stuff" said Thomas.

Running stuff is code for girls, aka Y/n

They pulled me away from her and started rambling about how awful that was.

"That was soo bad" said Thomas.

"I was cringing so hard" said Minho " it was terrible"

"Ok I get the point!" I said.

"You need to relax Newt" said Thomas " you keep panicking when you talk to her which is probably why you struggle actually talking"

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?" I asked.

"Just focus on your breathing" said Minho " think before you speak and if you start to panick calm yourself by, I don't know, counting or something"

"Ok" I said.

"You should try talking to her again tonight" said Thomas.

"And what if it all goes wrong?" I asked.

"Abort mission" said Minho.

"We will male sure we're close so if something happens, we can pull you away" said Thomas.

"Ok then" I said.

Later that night I prepared myself to go talk to her. I was a complete nervous wreck but I couldn't show it. I tried to focus on what Minho told me.

I saw Y/n sat by herself. This was the perfect opportunity. I looked at Minho and Thomas who were in the kitchen, they both gave me a thumbs up and in return I gave them a middle finger.

If I messed up again I would never hear the end of it.

I sucked in my breath and went in.

"Hi" I said.

"Oh hi Newt" she said.

"Are you ok?"  I sat next to her.

"Yeah, I mean, I've just been thinking a lot that's all"

Y/n pov

Earlier that day:

"Fuck it!" I collapsed on my bed.