Sneak Peak

Using the last of strength and breath, she leaned up and kissed him. Using up the last of her strength her head fell back down to the ground, the boy she kissed released her and he covered his head in pain as the effects wore off.

After the pain in his head calmed down, he looked around and and didn't know where he was. But as he looked down, his world shattered and came to a sudden halt, his heart rate skyrocketed and was in his throat. On the ground was his Jewel, his everything since the beginning lying on the ground...motionless. He eyes exploded with tears and they tsunami'd out of his eyes, he shook her to see if she would speak, twitch, eyelids move, anything... but nothing happened.

Realizing she was gone, he went to her side and wrapped his arms around her torso and back and cradled her while he cried and cried, his world was gone. He kissed her forehead and whispered loving words into her ear and with each sentence he spoke, he squeezed her tighter. The world around him seemed to stop as all sound and life around the two halted.

The tears his eyes formed, fogged up his vision and from that fog he could see memories. Memories of him and her together, it made him squeeze her tighter and cry harder. From the silent atmosphere around them, he finally spoke...

"Rose... please wake up, I love you"