Chapter 11: New Friends

Jonathan's POV

I exhaled as I felt my body wake up from my sleep, I rolled onto my back and opened my eyes. I screamed when I saw Rose mere inches from my face, "Morning sleepy head!" she shouted in excitement, but I wasn't excited, I was scared shitless and clutching my blanket tightly. "Come on relax, let's explore were in DC Jonathan remember you and I's favorite city" she said standing up, I removed the blanket from me and stood up as well, "Right we are in DC, where would you like to go first?" I asked her and she shrugged "Where would you like to go?" she asked, and I smiled at my thought.

"The Air and Space Museum?" Rose asked as we both looked at the magnificent building before us, "Yes the Air and Space Museum, if you want to go somewhere else, we can" I said seeing that she wasn't as excited as I was, "You kidding, lets go!" she shouted grabbing my hand and yanking me to the entrance of the museum. Walking inside the building was only lit up by the outside light but it was enough to see everything, planes hung for the ceiling and there was a moon lander to our right, but we've only seen a fraction of the museum. I looked at Rose and her expression had 'wow' written all over it, "You think this is cool wait till we see Neil Armstrong's spacesuit" I whispered the last part and her eyes widened, "Wait as in the same spacesuit he wore when he landed on the moon" I nodded and led to her behind the moon lander and there was the case that had Neil Armstrong's spacesuit. She placed a hand on the glass and looked at the suit in amazement, placing a hand on her shoulder there was a lot more to see.

We walked throughout the Museum and saw many great things like the Wright Brothers plane, the Spirt of St. Louis, V-2 rocket and many more. I told her facts about some aircraft we passed, and she asked me questions about some of the aircraft there, it made smile to see her look at everything with curiosity and smile. After we finished exploring the museum, we decided maybe it's a good idea to know the locals.

"How about them?" I said pointing to a group of people, Rose shook her head. We have been sitting on a bench for 10 minutes doing this and we still haven't found people to take a liking for. "Jonathan, Rose what's up homies!" we turned around to see Pedro walking towards us with Rafael beside him, "Hey Pedro, hey Rafael" Rose said happily, "What are you two up too?" Rafael asked us, "Were looking for people to you know... get to know" I said, and Rafael tapped his chin and then smiled, "I know a group of people your age you can get to know".

Rafael led us to the Lincoln Memorial steps where a group of 5 teenagers were sitting talking and laughing. One of them spotted us or more preferably Pedro and Rafael, "Pedro and Rafael!" a girl with brunette hair ran up to the two and hugged them the others joined the brunette haired girl, me and Rose just stood there patiently and then one of the spotted us. "Hey who are they?" a guy with dreadlocks asked, Rafael stood between us and began introducing. "Everyone this is Jonathan and Rose" Rafael introduced us, and we shyly waved to the group, "Jonathan, Rose this is Darius, Brooklyn, Timothy, Rachel, and Jose" Rafael introduced them to us.

Darius was an African American, with a short afro, and had brown eyes. He wore a yellow and black jacket, a necklace that had a dinosaur tooth, and a knife was strapped to his arm.

Brooklyn was Caucasian, with brunette hair that was tied into a ponytail, and had neon green eyes. She had a chest rig vest with a pink jacket underneath, she had a noticeable burn on her left wrist that seemed to move farther up her arm.

Timothy and Rachel were obviously twins, they were both Caucasians, had dreadlocks, and had pale blue eyes. Their clothing was almost the same as well, Timothy had an AC/DC sweater while Rachel had a sweatshirt with a dragon on it.

Finally, Jose had brown skin, a spiky faux hawk style haircut, and he had green eyes. His clothing was very military like, he had a tan tactical vest with a tan tactical shirt underneath, a Mexican flag patch was placed in the middle of his vest, and a tactical helmet laid next to him on the steps.