Chapter 41

JAXSON

I've been up all night, sitting here at my window trying to figure out how I'm going to fix this. Alessia is coming in a few hours and I'm anxious to see her. Not having her here has been hell.

When she left, I sent one of my warriors to trail her. I wanted to make sure that she was ok and got to where she was going safely. He reported back to me when Micah came to pick her up. I was furious and absolutely terrified at the thought of him being with her. I practically pushed her straight into his arms.

Forcing myself to get up and deal with the shit I read in that file and clean up the aftermath of Becca, I have to also address my pack. The thought of having to stand in front of everyone and explain why I banished Becca and Amy, then admit all my mistakes and prepare them for a possible war. I've always been open and honest with my pack, I've made us stronger since the death of my parents. The last thing I need is for rumors and gossip to circulate and create chaos.

Walking into the kitchen, I grabbed a cup of coffee and went to my office. I made several calls to the packs that I know Micah has been in contact with along with my other allies. I know for sure that he is planning a war. It has been confirmed. The only question is, has any of the other packs agreed to it? Everyone I spoke to told me they didn't didn't want to get involved in this. Some said no while others were more hesitant because Micah's pack is bigger and stronger than them so they didn't want to make an enemy for flat out refusing.

I'm going to have to make arrangements to have a meeting with all of them to assure them that according to our treaty, my pack will protect them if need be. I can't have other packs agree to this. Too many people will die.

Finishing up my last call, Jessica just told me that Alessia is on her way to her appointment with Molly. Shutting down my computer, I rush there. I want to be there for her and find out everything about her pregnancy.

When Becca told me she was pregnant, I didn't have a need to want to be there for her appointments, I had no interest. Yeah I believed I was having a child with her and I wanted to be a good father, it just never occurred to me why I wasn't more bonded with her baby. I can't believe I was so distracted that I didn't even notice. I could say that it was guilt or never being in that position before, I didn't know what to expect or how to feel. Now that I do know, the natural instinct of wanting to protect, loving them already and being there for all of it. I feel so stupid.

Walking into the hospital, Jessica pointed towards the room Alessia was in. I could smell her. God she smelled so good. Her scent has changed. I could smell a hint of me mixed in. I haven't marked her but with her carrying my babies, they carry my scent and it's mixing with hers.

When I opened the door and went in, I thought she was going to throw me out. When she didn't, I was so relieved. We were waiting for Molly to come, Alessia wouldn't look at me. I thought maybe I should try to talk to her but I don't want to aggravate her.

I'm sitting there listening and watching while Molly examines her. I'm so nervous. I just want her to be ok. When Molly told her that it's going to take a lot to carry them, I felt guilty. When I got so caught up in the moments of being with her, it never occurred to me to use protection. My mind was so focused on her and how good it felt. I didn't think of her getting pregnant or how her body would handle it.

I can't even blame my wolf. Yeah I'm sure he wouldn't have listened even if I had told him to use it but I never did. It's on both of us.

Seeing them on that screen, how they were moving and wiggling around. This is the happiest moment of my life. I will make this right and be there for them. I couldn't help but smile. I felt the tears building up but they didn't fall. I'm going to be a father.

When I asked about me marking her, I was hoping that she would be more inclined to it because it would help her get through this easier but she shot it down without a second thought. I'm not surprised, my mate is one hell of a fighter. There is no way I'm getting away with it that easily.

After Molly left, I tried talking to her. She wouldn't listen. She got dressed in front of me, the things that went through my mind, the things I wanted to do to her. I shook my head. She would kill me if I tried.

She rushed outside and we all followed her. I started to panic at the thought of her leaving to go to him. It would hurt me to no end to watch them build a relationship but if something were to happen to her, it would kill me.

I begged her to talk to me and she finally agreed. She got in my car and we drove back to the house. She looked out the window the whole time, not once did she look at me.

Walking in the house, she followed me into my office. I held the door for her and closed it when she came through. She sat down in the chair across my desk. I wanted to sit next to her but I couldn't. I needed to have some distance because I couldn't touch her.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" She said. Her voice was so cold.

"Alessia pretty soon, things are going to get much harder for you. Without me marking you, it's going to get bad. I want you to be close, I want to take care of you but I know you won't let me so I'll hire a nurse to see to all your needs. Jessica can help with Alena. I think you need to stop working." I said

"First off, I don't want to be in this house and that close to you. I don't need a nurse and I can take care of Alena by myself. I'm not going to stop working. I've already spoken to my boss and I'm going to do my work from home. I just need to go every few days to drop off files and pick up the new ones." She said.

"You don't get it! A normal werewolf pregnancy is tough enough and this is not normal circumstances. You have no idea what you are going to face. I know you are mad and justifiably so but please let me help you. I can move out so it will give you some space or there is a cottage not far from here by the woods, you can stay there. It's close enough but far enough away from me. Please." I begged.

She sat there in deep thought. At least she is considering it.

"I'll stay in the cottage, but there are rules Jaxson. You aren't allowed to come there unless you ask and I give you permission." I quickly nodded my head.

"Now tell me what's going on with Micah? I want to know everything." She said.

I gathered the file and handed it to her. I walked around the desk pointing to the things in it while explaining some of what she was reading. I told her everything I knew. Then I handed her my notes of all the other packs I contacted. I had little notes by each name telling me what they said.

When I was finished, she looked like she was going to explode.

"Jaxson, send me Jake, Thomas and a couple other men. I need to go do something." She said.

"No! You can't confront him." I said. She walked up to me, our chests were touching and she arched her neck to look at me in the face.

"I'm not asking. Be grateful I'm taking your men with me. I'm tired of being lied to. I'm tired of being used. He pretended to be my friend, he said he wanted more. I'm just going to talk to him. I might even get him to say something you don't know or even get him to reconsider." She said forcefully.

Knowing my mate, she is going to do this either way. At least this way my men will be there so I agreed.

*****This is not the end of the story!!! there are a total of 71 chapters, if you want to keep reading please find it on amazon kindle or https://www.patreon.com/ChristinaMarie17

I'm having my story published so that's why I took it down. I'm sorry. It was actually hard for me to do because I love reading the comments as you go.