Chapter 22

ALESSIA

It has been three weeks since my fight with Becca. My bruises are long gone. I still have faded marks on my neck especially where she went deeper into the skin.

I am trying to get over it and move on. I have barely seen Becca since that night and when I do, she doesn't even look at me. Jessica told me that Jaxson made it clear that she is to stay away from me. That he also told her that we slept together. You can tell that it bothers her to see me, but I do not care. I hate her, not because she is with Jaxson but because of how she has treated me, and she tried to lie and say I attacked her. I feel guilty for hitting a pregnant female, but I am not sorry I did it, she now knows I can defend myself and I am not one of her helpless victims.

I have seen Jaxson, but I have not spoken to him. He is tried a few times, but I walk away from him. A couple times, he has tried stopping me, but Jessica or Emily will step in and stop him. He is knocked on my bedroom door a few times, but I ignore him. When we are sitting at the table, I never look at him.

It hurts. I have silently cried a lot. It feels like a part of my heart has been ripped out but if I let him in, it will only hurt worse in the end.

I have been keeping busy. I got a job working for a company in town. I talk to Micah every day on the phone and we have gone for lunch three times already. He has respected my wishes about moving slow.

When he first saw me after my fight with Becca, he was furious. He blames Jaxson but after some time I got him to let it go. He was impressed that I was strong enough to fight back. He likes to pick on me because I am human and as he quotes "most humans are weak."

He is even offered to train me. I am going there today for my first lesson. I am so excited. Since moving here, I have not worked out as much. I have used the gym at the house a couple times but nothing too intense.

I finished getting Alena ready for school. Jessica is going to take her so I can leave. She knows I am going to see Micah. I am not sure how she feels about it, but she just told me to be careful and go slow with him.

As I make my way to his house, I cannot stop looking at the beautiful scenery. Both Micah and Jaxson have big packs and are equally as beautiful.

I pulled up in the driveway and Micah walked out with the guy Jessica was dancing with the night we went to the club. They were both wearing shorts and a tight tee shirt. I was dressed in my yoga pants and a sports bra with a tee shirt over it.

I got out of the car and gave him a hug. He kissed my cheek. He greeted me which I returned and introduced me to his beta James. He pointed out different things while escorting me to the training center.

I have not told him that I have spent years training to fight. He knew I punched Becca, but I figured that I would keep that secret and surprise him. Not many people know and just assume that I am this sweet innocent girl who needs protection. My father was not playing when it came to my training. He taught me to take it very seriously and I am a very skilled advanced fighter.

My father and trainers always took me to competitions and I always won.

Even after having Alena, I worked hard to get my body back in shape. I run regularly. The gym is my sanctuary. I could get lost in time for hours. When I was sore, they always pushed me harder.

We stood on the mat, I removed my shirt and got in position. They both stared at my body before James sat to the side to watch Micah and me.

"Well let's see what you got sweetheart." He said chuckling. I am so going to enjoy this. I will not be able to best him, he is an alpha of course but my goal is to put him on his ass once or twice.

He came at me; I blocked his punch and swept my legs around his. He landed on his back. Goal achieved. Ha ha. The look of shock on his face was priceless. I gave him a sweet smile and James burst out laughing.

"Oh sweetheart, it's not nice to keep things from me. Clearly you know how to fight." He said. "I don't know what you're talking about." I replied and he laughed.

We got back in position. He came at me again but a little more guarded. He threw a few punches which of course I blocked. I threw a few and he blocked. He grabbed me, I elbowed him in the lower stomach causing him to step back. When he came towards me, I spun around landing a high kick causing his body to twist and go down on his stomach. I may or may not have just kicked his cheek. He rolled over and glared at me. James fell out of the chair laughing so hard. Micah looked over at him.

"Would you shut up you idiot, why don't you try and fight her?!" He yelled at James. James sat up trying to get himself together. Getting his breathing under control.

"Hell no, I'm not getting my ass kicked. Looks like you're doing a good enough job on your own." James said. Micah stood up and looked at me.

"Why do you want me to train you when clearly you don't need it?" He asked.

"Oh, come on, you know you didn't come at me 100%. I know how to fight humans. What if I need to protect myself against werewolves?" I said. He nodded his head.

"I'm going to teach you to fight against humans and wolves but I can't have my men seeing me get my ass kicked so we are going to call two of my top warriors to help train you. I will be here the whole time." He said. I gave him a big smile and thanked him.

After four hours of training. Getting my ass kicked and handed to me, I learned a lot. The warriors that I worked with were Justin and Joshua. They were shocked with how strong I was. Impressed that I knew so much. They did not hold back which I appreciated.

Saying bye to everyone, giving Micah a hug. I got in my car and headed home. I talked to Jessica the whole way. She said next time she wanted to sneak out with me to watch.

When I pulled up, I got out and as I went to open the front door, it came flying open and Jaxson stepped out. He was not paying attention, looking behind him so we crashed into each other. I thought I was going to fall back but his arms wrapped around my waist. He bent down and put his head in my neck, breathing in my scent.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you." He whispered in my ear. I was stuck. I could not move. My body stiffen up but relaxed when I felt his lips on my neck. God it felt so good and calming. Why does he do this to me? I regained my thoughts and tried to push him away. He rested his forehead on mine.

"Please just give me a minute to hold you. I miss this feeling." He whispered. I missed it too. I hesitated but then I heard Becca in the background calling his name. I quickly pushed him away. Going around him, I went inside and was face to face with her.

I rolled my eyes. I walked past her, she said nothing. You can tell she wanted to, but she did not.

I headed up the stairs when I heard Alena call my name. Turning around she was standing at the doorway next to Jaxson. I looked at him then at her. She ran to me and we went upstairs.

Trying not to think about it anymore, I showered. Alena was laying on my bed watching TV when Jessica came in. She looked guilty.

"What's wrong?" She looked down at the ground.

"I just hate that you're going through his because I brought you here." She said with tears in her eyes.

"Hey Jess, this isn't your fault. I messed up and slept with him when I should not have. That is on me not you. But being here, I have you, I have also gotten close with Emily, Jake and Thomas. Alena loves it here and I would have never met Micah." I said with a smile.

Micah is extremely attractive, a body to die for. He treats me well and I enjoy being around him. There is just something missing. Something I only ever felt with Jaxson. I do not know what it is, but I want to find that again.

She gave me a small smile. We both laid in bed with Alena in the middle. She was holding our handing together. All three of our hands were intertwined. She has done this since she was two. It is our thing now. We are family.