Chapter 21

Jaxson

After coming home from being out all night with Jessica, I was exhausted and felt defeated. The disappointment and anger that Jess looked at me with was too much. She has always looked up to me and now with this whole Becca situation, it is just not the same.

I came through the door and saw Jake standing there. He looked stressed.

"Man, we need to talk. Let's go." He said going towards my office. I am nervous because Jake is usually goofy and playful but now, he was dead serious. We get inside and close the door.

"I think you should sit down. I need to tell you something and you need to stay calm." He said.

"Ok but hurry up because you're freaking me out." I said. He stood there, took a deep breath and ran both hands through his hair.

"Last night after you left, I was in bed and with Emily. We heard yelling so I got up to see what was going on. I stood at the balcony when I noticed it was Becca and Alessia." He paused. I could feel my heart racing out of my chest. My wolf is getting anxious.

"I don't know what started it or what happened in the beginning but apparently Becca smelled you on her and flipped out. She hit Alessia." He paused again. My heart just dropped to my stomach.

"You can tell at first, Alessia was trying to hold back but Becca kept on striking her several times. She went for Alessia's throat. Alessia started defending herself and fought back. By the time I made it down the stairs, Becca's nose was broken, black eye and swollen cheek. Not once did I see her hit Becca anywhere other than the face. When I finally got to them, I caught Becca from falling and she immediately claimed Alessia attacked her. Yeah Alessia kicked her ass but Becca was the aggressor." He said. I almost felt relieved that Alessia was ok. My wolf fought to get out. He was pissed.

"Jax, Alessia will be ok but she looks bad. Her neck is scratched and bruised. It looks nasty. Emily had the doc check on Becca. Doc said she is fine. Emily cleaned up Alessia." He finished saying. I wanted to run to check up on her. This is all my fault. Jake must have sensed it because he told me that Emily told Jessica when she came in and she ran up to her.

"Jess is still with her, she said she was going to stay until she woke up." Emily said walking through the door. She apparently heard our conversation. My head dropped. I felt so guilty.

They left and I just sat there for a while. Thinking of what I am going to do. I got up and went to my room, stopping at Alessia's door but walked away. I doubt she wanted to see me anyway.

I opened my door and closed it behind me. Becca was lying in bed but awake. The TV was on. She turned it off and turned towards me.

"Where were you all night?" She asked, looking nervous.

"I was out with my sister. What happened?" I asked, wanting to know what she was going to say. Tears filled her eyes.

"I went downstairs because I was hungry. I saw Alessia and she was taunting me about you wanting her. I told her you were mine and she attacked me. She just kept hitting me. Jax I did not want to fight because of the baby but I had to, I had to protect our child. Look at my face, she broke my nose. Doc said I must take it easy, so the stress does not hurt the baby. Alessia must go Jax, she cannot stay here. You must tell her to leave. She is a danger to me and our baby." She ranted.

I closed my eyes. I knew Becca was lying, I could feel it plus I believe Jake plus since knowing Alessia and hearing about her from Jessica, Alessia does not sound like the type of woman to act like that.

"You know Jake saw the whole thing." I said. Her eyes widened; she knew I knew she lied. I went to the window and turned my back to her.

"Jax! Your scent was all over her! Ever since she came here, I knew something was wrong! You want her, don't you?!" Taking a deep breath, I turned to her.

"I slept with her. While you were gone, we had sex a few times." I said.

Tears ran down her face. She looked devastated. I sat at the bottom of the bed. I put my elbows on my knees and covered my face with my hands.

"WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO US? I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME! I'M PREGNANT WITH YOUR CHILD AND YOU TELL ME YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH THAT BITCH!" She screamed.

My wolf started fighting to get out again. He did not like her talking about our mate like that.

"Becca it's more complicated than that, I didn't just hook up with her. She is my mate." I whispered. Becca's jaw dropped wide open, her eyes were huge, and her face paled instantly.

"She doesn't know ok; I haven't told her she's my mate. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. When I saw her, with her being human and not knowing I thought I could just not tell her and still be with you, but the bond is strong." I said. She just sat there crying. After a while, she got up and stood in front of me.

"I rejected my mate to be with you, you promised you would do the same. We are going to have a baby together. You can't leave me." She pleaded. I was stunned. I did not know she rejected her mate. She never told me she found him. We talked about this several times and she kept this from me. If I had known, I would have told her to be with him.

"You never told me you found your mate and rejected him. Who is he?" I asked. She stood there not saying anything. I was fuming.

"WHO IS HE?" I yelled. She flinched and took a step back.

"It doesn't matter, he's nobody. I chose you. We are going to be a family and that is what matters." She responded and got back into bed.

"Doc said for you to stay in bed so I'll have your meals brought up to you, do not leave this room." I said walking out.

I was angry. I was confused. She lied to me. But the fact remains, she is still pregnant with my child. If she were not, I would be claiming my mate right now and I would send her back to hers but that is not an option now. I must do what is best for my baby.

I walked into the kitchen where Emily, Jake and Thomas were standing. They looked at me, not sure what to say. I helped bring the food to the dining room and we all sat down.

Jessica and Alessia walked in. My heart dropped; my wolf whined. Her neck. Oh my god. Tears filled my eyes, but they did not drop. I had to look away.

I wanted to run to her and hold her, but I could not. I might be furious with Becca, but I could not abandon her. I did not want another man raising my child. I wanted to be there for it all.

This is what I must do. I can do this.

'Please go to our mate.' My wolf whined. 'No, we can't be with her, stop forcing her on me. It is only making things worse for all of us. If you absolutely love her, you will let her be.' I said back to my wolf. He whined and I felt him slip away. I felt empty.

Alessia sat down at the table. She ignored me the entire time. Not once did she look at me. Nobody at the table spoke to me. They held their conversations between them, but it did not include me.

I got up after finishing and went to my office. I locked myself away there all day. I did not want to speak to anyone.