Chapter 29

ALESSIA

I ran out of his office. Jessica was standing in the hallway. I threw myself into her arms and cried. Why does he keep doing this to me? I want to hate him for hurting me. I want him to suffer as much as he has made me. I just do not understand that in the moment, it feels so right and so good.

When I felt his teeth on my neck, I wanted it, but it also scared the hell out of me. It made me angry. He chose Becca repeatedly. When Becca and I got into that fight. He went to check on her, not me. Dammit, he is still with her. I cried harder. She squeezed me tight, whispering that it was going to be ok.

She let me go and wiped my face. Grabbing my hand, we walked down the hallway. You can still hear the music playing and people laughing outside. Emily and Jake were standing at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me. They looked so worried.

"What happened?" Emily asked.

"He tried to bite me on my neck." I said. They gasped. They were all looking at each other strangely and I did not know why. Jessica and Emily came up stairs with me and Jake went towards the office. We went to my room and I plopped down on my bed. My mind is racing all over the place. I froze.

"What would have happened if he bit me?" I asked.

"Well first off, it's called marking you. Saying that you belong to him. After you would become one of us. You will get your wolf. On the next full moon, you will shift. Since Jaxson is an alpha, you would become our Luna." Emily said. I sat there processing what she just said. Wow that is a lot to take in.

"What I do not understand is, why would he want to do that to me? Isn't he supposed to mark his mate?" I asked. Jessica looked down; Emily closed her eyes for a second before speaking.

"Yes, you're always supposed to mark your mate. That is how it is supposed to be. Jaxson feels a connection to you, as you do him and it's strong." And there was that look between them again. Ugh.

"What the hell is going on, why do you keep looking at each other like you know something I don't!" I was getting mad. They are the two closest people to me and right now I feel like an outsider.

"This whole situation is weird and complicated. We are just not sure what to tell you, is it going to be right or wrong. We just want you to be happy, that's all." Emily said. Oh, she is good. Nice way to deflect from answering my question but I am going to let it go, for now.

I started to feel nauseous, oh no. I quickly got up and told them I wanted to take a bath. I opened my door asking them to leave without words. As soon as my door shut, I ran to the toilet. How do I always make it just in time?

Laying on the bathroom floor, I felt horrible. How am I going to keep this secret without them noticing me like this? I got up and cleaned my face and brushed my teeth. I turned the bath water on. Gathering all my stuff while the tub filled up then got in.

What if I had not caught him in time and he marked me? How would I feel? Would my baby be safe?

Speaking of babies, I need to see a doctor. Would it be safe to go to a regular doctor or would I have to see a doctor here? I do not know. I just need a little more time before I let the others know. I am not ready to deal with the aftermath. How am I going to deal with Jaxson, Becca and Micah?

Micah cannot be too mad because I have been truthful from the beginning. But then there is the whole big thing about them hating each other. Still being upset and confused about their fight, I still havent really talked to Micah since. I work tomorrow, maybe I will have him meet me after and get something to eat so we can talk.

Well my bath was not as relaxing as I had hoped. It left me more confused with more questions. I put my sweatpants and a tank top on and went back downstairs.

He is not going to have me hiding in my room when I did nothing wrong.

Getting out there, everyone was still there. They were sitting in front of the fires talking and laughing. Jaxson was sitting with everyone I knew so I made my way over. Alena was sitting on Emily's lap who was sitting next to him. Jessica was sitting on the other side of him. I sat in between Jessica's legs on the ground. It is chilly out, but the fire is keeping me warm. Alena got up and climbed into my lap.

They were telling stories of times when growing up. I really was not paying attention. Jessica was running her fingers through my hair which she knows I love so I was fully relaxed.

Jake came over and handed out shots. He tried to pass me one, but I politely refused. Everyone was pushing me to take one. I could not tell them why, so I decided to be a little petty.

"No thank you, the last time I drank, I did something stupid." With that, Jake pulled away and gave the shot to someone else. Nobody else said anything about it. Jaxson glared at me. Oh well. He deserved it.

After everyone took several shots a piece, people started getting up saying goodbye. It was getting late. There were a few people walking around cleaning up. The music stopped and all the fires burned out except the one by us.

Now the only people left were us. Everyone was talking about what plans they had scheduled when Becca walked out the back door. Why can't we ever have a good moment without her always interrupting?

Jaxson was staring at her, he looked pissed. I wonder what that is about. She walked to the outside circle of all of us and stood there looking at Jaxson. She seemed nervous.

"Baby, can we talk?" She said. He scoffed.

"Yeah sure let's talk. What do you want to talk about? Is it about you rejecting your mate 2 years ago and did not tell me or is it that your mate is Micah? Which one did you want to talk about huh?" He was clearly very irritated. Everyone gasped looking at each other. Becca dropped her head and ran back into the house. Wow.

"Damn Jaxson, that's fucked up. How did you find out?" Jessica asked.

"Oh, she told me today. She slipped and said she rejected her mate for me but today she told me who it was." He responded. He huffed out a deep breath.

"What are you going to do?" Emily asked. Everyone looked at him. He looked at me.

I got up, adjusting Alena in my arms. I said good night and walked away.