Chapter 27

ALESSIA

During my drive home, I am nervous. I keep telling myself that I am going to be ok. I can do this. I pulled up in the driveway and everyone was outside. Jaxson and Becca are sitting on the front porch. Jake and Thomas were training some of the other pack members on the front lawn. Jessica, Emily and a bunch of kids were off to the side playing with Alena. Besides from the obvious, I really love it here. Everyone is so close like a big family. They all help each other.

It is so different from my home in New York. Both my parents being only children and my grandparents all passed away. It was hard and lonely growing up. My parents had their friends, but I didn't have anyone my age to spend time with.

I had my friends from school, but I was never allowed to hang out or have them come over. My parents had our schedules all planned out. My dad had me in training, my mom had me in dance and gymnastics.

I love my parents, they are great. They were there for every competition or recital. They just did not think spending time with friends hanging out would benefit my future. They did not want me choosing the wrong friends and going down the wrong path. I understand because I have seen so many do it. They just wanted what is best for me.

Me as a parent, I cannot see myself that hard on Alena. I will give her the opportunity to do the things I did or anything else she wants but I also want her to have fun being a kid. Having left New York, now she will be able to do that.

Parking on the side of the house by the kids, I got out. I am wearing black ripped jeans and a black tank top with my teal and black Nike sneakers. Alena comes charging at me, slamming into my legs. Some of the other kids follow her and do the same. I am now laying on the grass with a mound of kids on top of me. They are trying to tickle me, so I am screaming and laughing.

"Stop! Stop! Please, you're killing me!" I screamed. I managed to make eye contact with Jessica.

"Help me!" But she was too busy trying to hold herself up because she was laughing so hard. I was being poked with little fingers everywhere!

Finally I felt the kids being plucked off one at a time. Jake and Thomas came to my rescue.

"Oh, thank God! At least I can count on the both of you since I can't depend on my dear best friend." I said glaring at her. She just laughed harder. I walked up to her, looking dead serious and stared at her.

"This is war. Watch your back bitch." I whispered to her so the kids would not hear my fowl mouth. I winked at her and turned away. I can hear her still laughing. Payback is a bitch; she knows how much I hate being tickled.

I dust myself off and fix my clothes. Now it is time to face the wrath of the big bad alpha for not answering his texts or calls since last night. I turned my ringer off on him, so I was not disturbed.

I might escape him since he is with Becca. He cannot talk to me when she is around, so I am going to use that distraction and go to drop the stuff off in my room. Maybe I will make dinner tonight.

Jaxson and Becca were sitting in the chairs on both sides of the door. I must walk between them. I held my head up and shoulders back and walked with confidence. I feel both staring holes in my head. Neither said a word. I dropped off my stuff and I went into the kitchen and started pulling stuff out to cook for dinner. I sent a text to Jessica telling her to invite all the kids and their families over for dinner. She responded with a smile emoji.

We are going to have a BBQ out back. I start seasoning the meats. Put the water on for the pasta salads and cut vegetables. Emily and Jessica come in and start helping me.

Thomas brought some guys in to set up tables and chairs. They put out tiki torches all over the place. Several outdoor fire pits were lit with chairs around them. Jake started cooking on the grill. A girl who I have seen before at the packhouse set up the table with drinks, plates and utensils. I think her name is Tiffany. She does not look much younger than me but seems to be nice.

I walked out back to see if anyone needed help and it looked amazing. Pretty damn good for doing it last minute. One of the guys I saw earlier came and set up a music station with a couple large speakers.

People started showing up, the music was playing. The kids were running around laughing and having fun. I met many nice people. A lot of people showed up.

It was not awkward meeting them like it was when I saw them at the packhouse.

Jessica, Emily, Tiffany and I started dancing to the music. Others joined in. We had a small crowd forming all dancing together. Jake was with Emily and the rest of us were dancing freely and wild like we did not have a care in the world.

This cute younger boy grabbed me and started dancing with me. He had to be 17 or 18 years old. Jessica and I were talking back and forth teasing him while we danced. It was innocent. His hands held my hips, our bodies a few inches apart.

Out of nowhere, there was a very loud deep growl. Everyone stopped and it got quiet. I turned to the sound of it and Jaxson was standing in the doorway of the house staring at me. Jessica ran up to him, grabbing his arm trying to pull him into the house. She was whispering something to him. He would not move, he just kept looking at me and occasionally glared at her. You could see everyone was nervous not wanting to do anything to set off their alpha.

I knew this was about me, so I walked up to Jaxson. I turned around and told everyone to continue with what they were doing. I helped Jessica get him inside.

Closing the door behind us, he grabbed a bowl off the table and threw it across the room, glass shattering everywhere. My mouth dropped open; I was shocked with his behavior. Why was he acting like this?

"Jaxson let's go to your office now!" Jessica said. The three of us walked there. Jaxson and Jessica clearly were communicating through mind link. I am just standing there, I feel uncomfortable. Jessica turned and walked out. I was confused as to why she left. I turned back to ask him where she went. Before I could say anything, I was lifted in the air and up against the wall. He was holding me by my thighs, his body between my legs. His lips connected with such force. His hands moved to my ass. His tongue pushed into my mouth.

I was stunned. Frozen still. How the hell is this happening again? I was out of breath. Trying to push him away. I looked at him. His eyes were silver. Almost the color of the moon. Oh no. This is his wolf.