Chapter 36

JAXSON

All morning Becca has been driving me crazy about spending time together. She kept asking me to take her to dinner.
I don't know what's going on, I feel like she is up to something. I finally agreed just to shut her up.

I really don't know what is going on with me. I know the mate bond pulls me towards my mate but I feel like I'm being pulled away from Becca.  Listening to her voice or just the sight of her, irritates me.

I have work to do so I head to my office so I can leave later. On my way down, I notice that Alessia must have left for work already.
Jessica is getting Alena ready for school.
Emily and Jake are in the kitchen.  She runs up to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek and a hug. Emily hasn't done that in a long time for no reason so I wonder what's going on.

Sitting down at my desk, I notice a file. One that I've been waiting on.  I've had some of my top men look into Micah. He hasn't caused any problems lately but between our fight and him mentioning he knew Alessia is my mate, I need to find out how he knows. The only ones who knew were Becca, Jessica and I. The others didn't find out until after I fought with him.

Looking through the file. Something feels off. A couple months ago, Micah and his beta James got into a heated argument about something that lead to Micah punching him in the face. Many of his pack members witnessed it.

It also read that Alessia has been there training with 2 of his best warriors while his beta supervised.  Flipping through the file, I came across a picture of Becca, Amy and James together. She is wearing the necklace I bought her for her birthday 3 months ago so I know it's a recent picture.  It looks like they were in a coffee shop sitting together.  What the fuck!
It also showed that Micah has been in contact with several different packs in the area reinforcing his alliances. Why would he be doing that unless he has plans for something.
I need to contact some of these alphas because they are my allies as well.

I'm so caught up in my work that my alarm surprised me. I have to get ready for dinner. I'm going to slowly ask Becca questions about what I know. I have to be careful not to give her a reason to think I know anything.
I want that bastard to think I'm clueless.

Pulling up to a diner, Becca gave me a funny look. I guess she was expecting somewhere nicer but I'm really not in the mood. My mind is elsewhere.

During dinner, Becca brought up the conversation of me marking her again. I rolled my eyes. "Baby, you know that we have to do this. You told me yourself that my wolf won't survive without it." She said
I really wanted to get up and walk out. She did this when she rejected her mate but now she wants me to fix it.
"I told you that my wolf won't let me mark you. If I can't do it, what am I suppose to do?" I know I sounded mean but I'm tired of always talking about this.
I never thought I would be in the position. Growing up, I was excited at the thought of finding my mate and having a family. I watched my parents growing up and I've always wanted what they had.
Now look at me, I've made horrible choices and screwed up everything.
"Can we just try one more time and see if your wolf would do it, it's not like he's been around Alessia recently. Maybe he will reconsider?" She asked.
I nodded my head just to basically shut her up but I can feel my wolf stirring in my head, his feelings have not changed.

She has me so irritated and in a rush to leave that I completely forgot about all the things I wanted to ask her.

Getting home, I just wanted to go to sleep. My head hurt. Becca was talking to me but I'm not paying attention.

I got to my room, went into my closet and changed my clothes. I came out wearing my pajama pants with no shirt. I laid in bed. Becca was getting ready for bed still talking. As soon as she climbed into bed, the door burst open and Alessia walked in. She looks furious. She swings the bat around breaking everything she came in contact with.
I tried to get up and talk to her but she's having no part in it.

She says one word that made my heart drop. Mate. She knows. Oh my god, she is never going to forgive me for this.
She has busted pretty much everything in my room. I tried to stop her and I got nothing but an elbow to my nose. Damn that shit hurt.

She is screaming at me for chosing Becca and our child.
Wait, what is she talking about? Her children? She's pregnant?  I'm completely stunned. I'm stuck. I can't even process this right now.
She stormed out and I just want to be able to talk to her but she won't listen to me.
Im afraid to push too hard because I don't want to cause more damage then I have already done.

When she came out with her bags backed, my heart broke. She is leaving me. I never wanted this. My wolf is whining. He's broken. I was just trying to do what was right but I did it all wrong.
This is my fault and now I'm going to loose her and my child. She was about to leave. Watching Jessica break down because they were leaving was hard, I choked on my tears. I made her keep this from Alessia not even thinking about how Alessia would feel if she found out.  Jessica and her wolf have bonded with Alena as if she were her own.

Right before she got in the car, I grabbed her. Pulling her to my chest and kissed her. It was a slow kiss but the meaning behind it told her everything. I chose her.
That's when I noticed her scent has changed, she is pregnant. I've been so distracted I didn't even notice. I instantly felt a connection.
Trying to hold on for just a little longer. When she kissed me back, I had a little hope but that hope was crushed when she pulled away.

She left. Will I ever see her again?

Once her car was out of sight, my head snapped to everyone standing there.  Why did they tell her like this? Why didn't they tell me first that they were going to? I could have been there so I didn't look like a complete asshole.

"EVERYONE IN THE LIVING ROOM NOW!" My voice boomed.

They moved fast. Once we got inside they were all sitting there.

"Why?!" I screamed.
"Jaxson please calm down, we had to tell her, there was no choice." Jessica said.
When she told me what Molly said, my legs gave out on me, I dropped to my knees. She can't die.
"She is pregnant with twins." Emily whispered. Tears fell down my face.  

"Hopefully she comes back tomorrow to see Molly, she has to come back. She loves those babies and will do whats right for them. Maybe she will calm down and we can talk to her?" Jessica said.

I had no word. I'm a complete fuck up. If my parents were here right now, they would kill me.

"Jaxson she was really upset when Becca told her today that you were going to mark her, once she has time to process that you haven't..." I cut Jessica off.
"What the fuck are you talking about?" I asked but I turned to Becca who was sitting off to the side of the room looking down.

"I-I said we were talking about it." Becca whispered.  I was pissed.

"I NEVER SAID I WAS GOING TO MARK YOU, I said my wolf won't let me! Tonight you kept on and on about it, so when you asked me to try I nodded because I knew I wouldn't be able to!" I yelled at her.

If looks could kill, she would be dead.  They all knew Becca set out to push Alessia away when she said that.

"I DON'T CARE! YOU CHOSE ME AND SHE NEEDED TO ACCEPT IT SOONER THEN LATER, I WILL BE YOUR MATE AND ITS GOOD THAT SHE IS GONE! Now we can fix things between us and go back to how we were before she came. Baby, I know we can do that. We are going to be a family." Becca said.
My wolf was threatening to come out. What I didn't understand is that she is pregnant with my child so he should want to keep her safe.

"GET OUT! PACK YOUR SHIT AND GET THE HELL OUT!" I  screamed. For the first time in a while, I felt my wolf content. He approved.

My teeth have grown, my eyes were silver, the hair was sprouting throughout my body.

The look of horror was in her face, she got up and ran.