Chapter 9

JESSICA

I finally told Alessia the truth about us. It was hard but when she asked to see my wolf, I thought everything was going to be ok. Driving home, she did not say one word. All she did was stare out the window.

When we pulled in the driveway, I turned around and saw this pained look on her face. I am not sure exactly what is going on in her head, but I do know she is mad at me for keeping this from her.

I noticed that Jaxson was also looking at her and he looked hurt. Something is up and I am going to find out. I am going to talk to him tonight. This is driving me crazy. He is with Becca, but he is acting like Alessia is his woman. If something happens between Jaxson and Alessia, I am going to be pissed. She is my best friend and I do not want her getting hurt. She has been through enough and does not need drama coming from Becca and my brother.

When Becca came running to him after walking in, I knew that she was going to smell Alessia. When Alessia got on his back, she rubbed her scent all over him. She started yelling, calling Alessia a bitch, I wanted to rip her apart. I am very protective of her and Becca has no idea what she is getting herself into. Well, she does. We have already gotten into two physical altercations. The first one was broken up as quickly as it started but the second time, nobody was there to stop it and I drug her all over the living room beating the hell out of her.

I had just found out that Becca wants my brother to reject his mate so they can be together. I was beyond furious.

I was broken out of my thoughts when I saw Emily sit next to me. "Hey sis, you ok?" Emily asked.

"Yes and no. I told Alessia, but I think she is mad at me plus Jaxson is acting weird and I don't know why." I said. Emily sat back and adjusted herself next to me getting comfortable. I know this is going to be a long chat.

"Jess, we all know why you didn't tell Alessia and, but you gotta see it from her side. I am sure she is upset that you kept it from her. I see how close both of you are with each other. I am almost positive that if you give her some time, things will work itself out. Apologize again, tell her you will not keep anything else from her. That's all you can do." Emily said.

"Yeah, your right. I feel bad though.

"Anyways, what is going on with my dear brother of ours?" Emily asked. I told her everything I have witnessed, and she looked just as confused as me.

"I want to talk to him tonight, I'm waiting for him to come downstairs." I said.

"Now you know, Jax is not coming downstairs tonight. Becca made that big deal and ran away so I am sure he is up there kissing her ass. " Emily said. I rolled my eyes and almost gagged at the thought.

We sat there for a while before getting up, and headed to my room. Before going in, I checked up on Alena, but she was not in her room. I walked to Alessia's door getting ready to knock when I heard Becca moaning. OH MY GOD, I'M GOING TO DIE! I turned fast and ran to my room. That really made my stomach hurt.

Taking a shower, getting dressed I was off to bed.

Waking up the next morning I went downstairs to help Emily with breakfast. We made waffles and bacon.

I walked upstairs to Alessia's room, knocked on the door. She opened it and I asked If I could come in. Alena was awake sitting there playing with her toys. I said on the bed "Can we talk?" I asked. She stared at me then nodded.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. Growing up, we were basically trained to keep that secret. If people found out what we are, we would be in danger. I am not saying that you would tell, it is just I was more afraid of getting into trouble with my family. If they found out I told you-it is forbidden." I said.

"If it's forbidden, why did you tell me now?" She asked.

"Before I asked you to come, I called my brother. I told him I wanted you to come here and live. At first, he yelled at me because he knew you were human, but I reminded him that you were a sister to me. I have already told him so much about you and Alena and how much both of you mean to me, so he said ok. After we arrived, I talked to Jax about telling you, there was no way to keep it from you since you live here, and he agreed." I said. I sat there watching her trying to figure out if she is ok.

"Yes, Jess I am mad, but I do understand. I think with time, I will hopefully get over it. Are there any more secrets you're keeping from me?" She asked.

"NO!" I exclaimed.

She gave me a small smile and I jumped on top of her, hugging and kissing her all over her face. We both laughed.

"Now get your ass up, breakfast is ready." I said. She got up while I picked up Alena and we walked out. As soon as she stepped out of the doorway, she slammed into Jaxson causing her to fall back. Before she could hit the floor, he grabbed her pulling her up towards him. Their chests crashed together. Alessia quickly pushed back, away from him and started walking down the hallway.

Looking at my brother while he watched her walk away, I snapped my fingers in his face to get his attention. "I need to speak to you privately after breakfast." I said walking away before he could respond.

We all made it downstairs except for Becca. She does not usually come down in the morning. If she could avoid all of us, all the time she would. She knows Jaxson grabs his food and usually makes his way to his office, so she does not want to get stuck sitting at the table with us.

Everyone was sitting down at the table eating and chit chatting amongst ourselves but it was clear Alessia was avoiding all eye contact with Jaxson. Jaxson would look at her and look down.

I want to call him out right in front of everyone, but I will not do that to Alessia.

After we were finished, Alessia and Emily were cleaning the dishes. Jaxson told Jake and Thomas to go make rounds. He then turned around and glanced at Alessia one more time before rubbing his hands down his face.

I jumped out of my seat and stood by him. "Let's go brother, I need to talk to you now." I said. He rolled his eyes at me and got up, walking past me.