Chapter Seven

(Eliza will be played in the image of the beautiful Lily Collins)

Julian

After I calmed down, I made a decision to go back inside the winery. Although I'd much rather not, since I've made a complete ass of myself, but this was important to Krista, and I owe her an apology. It's bad enough her own fiancé, Robert, couldn't be here. This was something between them, and he didn't even try to be here. Speaking of him, I have never cared for him and always thought of him as a jackass—overly cocky, literally, and, well, just a jackass. He is so full of himself. It's ridiculous. My sister's life is centered around him. I know he sees Krista as nothing more than a trophy case, someone to boost his ego and use. He can fool her all he wants, but I know his type. Krista fell into his charming trap. She believes anything he tells her to. It's only a matter of time before he draws a wedge between us. I know he wants me out of the picture. I can sense it. Without me in his way, it'd be easier for him to control her with his money. She's being manipulated, mistaking it for love. I doubt he cares about her. He will never be there for her like I will. Regardless of what I'd want for her, she's a headstrong person who has always done what she wants. I believe it takes people to see their mistakes through before realizing it's a mistake, so I will support her until she sees through his bullshit and I can have the pleasure of bashing his damn skull in.

I went back inside and re-scanned the room. I got a couple of stares and some quick glances, but I ignored it, walking back to Krista. She was still seated at the table, only this time she was on her phone talking with someone. Unfortunately, I couldn't make out the conversation as she hangs up in a hurry. I took a seat and cleared my throat, then said, "I'm sorry for my recent behavior a while ago. It wasn't towards you," I sigh. I need to get it together.
"It's fine Julian, why don't you just go and get some rest? I think I pretty much covered everything here, anyway."
I was confused, expecting she would be angry with me; instead, she'd been so understanding. I raised a brow at her. I was suspicious of her sudden change of emotion and tone. Was there something she was hiding, or was this what it meant to be thoughtful? Curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't help but ponder. However, I didn't push for answers, since she was in a much better mood now. I got up and walked over to her, planting a kiss on top of her forehead. "I'll make it up to you, baby sister, I promise." I told her. "Oh, I know you will." She responded with a small chuckle.

Later on that day, I drove to Starbucks. I parked and got out of my car, heading inside the shop. I got in the line and waited for my turn to order. While I waited, I looked around the shop, taking everything in. There were a few people here, but it wasn't as busy as usual. The line wasn't as long as usual either, which I was grateful for. When it was my turn, ordered a caramel macchiato frappuccino and paid for it. The young girl working the counter served me my drink. I tipped her well, and she smiled at me, showing off her dimple cheeks. She couldn't have been no more than eighteen. She was really pretty, but not my type. I just know a beauty when I see it. At last, I found a table to sit at. When I got seated in my chair, I began sipping my drink, allowing my eyes to roam freely all over, looking at nothing in particular. The sound of the door opening caught my attention. I snapped my head in the direction of the door to see who was coming in, and to my surprise, it was someone I didn't expect it to be. Eliza. My gaze fixed on her as she stepped in with a midnight black dress, knee-length. It brought her curves perfectly, and her springy curls moved gracefully. My, my, she was breathtaking. Thankfully, she hadn't noticed me yet, because I was afraid of what she might have thought about me just eyeing her. Her attention was directed to her phone like last time and it seemed as if she was texting someone—by the way, she would smile occasionally. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I was drawn to her. At this moment, it was my destiny, our destiny, to be here, on this day, and at this exact time. Finishing my drink, I thought of a way to talk to her. I needed to just hear her sweet voice before I left. Getting up from my seat, she was walking this way. Her attention was still on her phone. This was my chance, and so I took it. I dashed out right in front of her, causing her to collide with me and drop her phone. In a reflex, I wrapped an arm around her waist to keep her from falling as she stumbled over. Her body was warm and soft to the touch—just the way it felt on mine sent tingles all over. I held her close to me, never wanting to let go. It was like we were the only ones there. Her hitched breathing took me out of my thoughts, and I watched her eyes travel from my chest to my face, where we locked eyes. 

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

If you enjoyed this chapter,

please vote and comment.

Thank you! ❤🖤❤