Telling her & Unexpected answer

DPOV

I felt like I'm going to kill my self. Actually killing myself would've been more great than this. I was the only person she got involved with and now I'm breaking her. I have to tell her. I have to tell her about my decision. Why did I start this at the first place knowing that this would happen? Yes because I wanted this. Her. I should've been able to stop myself at first without doing this to her.

How am I going to tell her this? Rose we can't do this I'm choosing my crown over you. God how can I tell her without killing her inside? But I have to. She will understand. She will understand this. She can move on. She can find someone who loves her. With time she'll heal. Rose is tough and strong. She'll understand.

Taking a deep breath I knocked on her door. I heard her opening the door. As she opened the door I went inside.

"So?" She asked me.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I told her unable to tell anything else.

"Why?" She asked me. One look at her eyes told me that she knows what's happening but she wants to hear it.

"I.. I couldn't find a way. There's no other way." her face broke.

"So what are you going to do?" She asked me.

"I.. I think we should go on different paths. We should end this." Her jaw touched the ground. She took a deep breath.

"Just a week ago you were lying on my bed kissing the life out of me and now you're ending this? How... how could you?" She asked me.

"Rose, This is hard to me too. I'm sorry. But I don't want you to suffer from anything in the future just because of me. You worked your entire life to be a guardian. And just when you became one I don't want you to give it up for me. We don't have any other ways. I'm sorry. You have no idea about how sorry I am but I hope that you'll understand me. One day you can find someone even better than me." She laughed at the end.

"Wow! You really planned my entire life haven't you? But what about what I want? I wanted to be yours. I wanted you to be mine." She told me. i looked down.

"I'm sorry. But we have to stop this. So we are done Rose. I'm sorry. Please understand. This way you can be happy one day. You might not see this now but you will. I will forgive myself for this but I hope one day I hope that you will."

After telling those words I left her. I could feel a burning sensation inside me. I felt like my heart is ripping in to pieces.

I fucking hate my self.

...........................................................................................................................

Two week later

After discussing with my family they started finding a suitable princess for me. I didn't talk much with them about that. How can I?I haven't seen her for a week. She didn't come to practice. She practiced alone. And I gave her privacy that she wanted.

After discussing for days my family and I came to one decision.

Princess Natasha Ozera.

Christian's aunt. We knew each other since childhood. She's only few years elder than me. She's wise, beautiful and strong. She took care of Christian after his parents died. We are good friends. I will never be able to love her. But with our friendship we can work it out.  After we sent an invitation to her she agreed too.

This is for the kingdom.

This is not for you.

I kept reminding my self.  Soon enough it was the day she arrived. She arrived on the morning. We all were present there when she arrived. Yes, even Rose. I couldn't look at her.