Telling her & An expected answer

OMG This is my first double update!

DPOV

Rose has been quiet for a week since she went to pay her respect to her mother alone. I think she's sad. While she's not here my family discussed about my marriage once again. They want to know about my decision. And babushka kept telling me to do the right thing. But what is the right thing? I've no idea about how to solve this problem. In one hand Roza , other royalty. If I choose Rose then I have to change everything but if choose royalty then I have to let Rose go. I don't want to choose either one. I tried to find a way to break these rules but it is so hard change ancient royal culture. And if Rose becomes queen she have to give up everything she worked for. At last I found a way to keep her  and my crown with me but that way is horrible.

I can make her my mistress.

That way she can still be a guardian and I can keep her. But how can I ever ask her to be my mistress? What about her reputation? If she becomes my mistress she has to go through unimaginable things. Things I don't want her to go through. But this is the only option I have. I cannot give up my crown. Russia needs a king. And other than me we don't have one. I have to talk about this with Rose.

After a few hours, Midnight

I knocked on her door. After a few seconds I heard her.

"Who's that?" I heard her voice.

"Roza it's me." I told her. She opened her door. I smiled and she returned .

"Come in." I nodded and went in. She closed the door

"How are you?" I asked her gently cupping her face from one hand after she turned.

"Good! I'm sorry I just wanted my personal space. That was hard you know." I nodded.

"So what brings you here?"She asked me. "I have a feeling that you're here for a specific reason." She continued. This is one thing I love about her. No one understands me the way she does. She knows me. How can I ever let her go? I thought.

I pulled her closer and wrapped my hands around her face burring my face in her neck inhaling the sweet scent of her hair. She wrapped her arms around me and started caressing my back in a soothing way.

'What's wrong?" She asked me. I broke the hug and looked at her.

"We should sit down." I told her. We both sat down on the bed.

"Rose I don't know how to tell you this." I told her.

"Well you can try." She gave me a small smile.

"Rose according to the rules and royal culture I hope you do know that a king must have a queen by his side on the day of coronation." Her face changed when I told this but she nodded.

"With everything that happened, I mean me naming as the king because my father's murder or death, you name it, I didn't need a queen on the day of coronation. But now it has been nearly six months and it has become quiet an issue." I told her expecting that she'll get it. And Rose is intelligent.

"So what are you going to do Dimitri?" She asked me.

"I don't want to leave you. And I don't you do give up on everything you did to become a guardian by asking you to get the title of princess." I told her. She looked confused.

"So what do you want me to do?" She asked me.

"We can be together and you can still remain as a guardian if you doesn't be my queen but " She finished it for me.

"Your mistress?" She asked and I looked at her eyes before nodding. She got up.

"No. No Dimitri no. I will never become your mistress. How can you even ask me that?" I stopped her before she went further.

"Rose Rose shh. I know that this idea is horrible but I really have no other options." I told her.

"Can't you try to change the rules?" She asked me. I shook my head.

"Royals will not agree to that." I whispered.

"I'll never be your mistress Dimitri. Not now, not ever." She stopped for a minute.

"I wanted to be your queen Dimitri. I wanted to be your everything. I wanted to be the queen of Russia not a random girl who sleeps with the king." I looked at her.

"Rose." I tried to talk to her but she stopped me.

"Figure out a way to fix this Dimitri. You know I can't do anything." She told me. I nodded. She went near the door and opened it. A gesture of asking me to leave.

Well I can't say that I'm surprised. I went near her and tried to kiss her but she took one step back. I was surprised but I left.

.............................................................................................................................................

The entire night I tried to find a way to fix this. But I didn't found an answer.

"If the king has an encounter with someone who's not royal then he has either have to forget her or he has to give away his crown forever after naming a suitable heir to the crown."

This is what I found after trying to find a way.

I closed my eyes.

You have to let her go Dimitri. You have to let her go.You cannot keep her as your mistress. You should not do that to her. You have to do the right thing. It'll hurt both of you but this is the decision you have to make. She will find someone better. She'll be happy one day.

A voice inside my head started whispering.

I have to end this with Rose.

....................................................................................................................................................

Phew. I see it's not a double update but I wanted it to be so I'm sorry. And don't start to hate me now because there will be more reasons to hate me.

Onadhigirl