Chapter 34: Scrapped Beginnings

— 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟔

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

— 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟔

         It was Wednesday, late in the afternoon when you finally woke up and came to your senses. You were alone, silently taking in the Hospital Wing before you. The familiar stone walls, the intricate design of the tall windows with its row of white vacant beds positioned right underneath, the blue curtained dividers placed in the spacing between.

         On your bedside table, you could see a vase full of flowers: a beautiful mix of daisies, peonies and hydrangeas. Below it laid a children's storybook, a collection of short stories. No doubt Remus' idea in the hopes of making your stay in the infirmary less bearable. The thought of him reading to you made your heart swell.

         Your view of the entrance was blocked by the drawn curtain on your side, unable to put a face on the hushed muffled voices at the far end of the room. You propped yourself to your elbows, an attempt to push yourself to sit up but to your annoyance, it was as if your arms were made out of lead.

         You groaned in frustration and the shadows behind the curtains rushed over, revealing themselves to be Remus, Sirius, and James.

         "You're finally awake!" Remus calls out, immediately ushering you to lie back down. "Just stay down for a minute, alright? We need to get madam Pomfrey over here to look you over, so just stay put until then."

         With one ordered look from Sirius, James nods without as much of a word, backtracked towards the double doors and out of sight to find the Healer.

         "No, let me sit up," You say, protesting Remus with a wave of your hand.

         Remus furrows his brows with a motherly concern. "Are you sure? Maybe you should take a little more time to recover..." he trails off, noticing the exasperated look you were giving him, knowing full well all you did in the Hospital Wing was recover.

         He gives a hesitant nod, propping you up against the headboard with ease while Sirius places a pillow on your back. When you've gotten comfortable, the two take their place on the vacant stools on either side of your bed.

         "How did you guys find me?" You breathe out, darting your eyes in question between the two.

         They both shared a tentative look before looking back at you. They explained that after you had left the Great Hall, James had annoyingly convinced them to find the source of the smell they were so fixated on just to put their curiosity to rest. It took them a full five minutes before they tracked it to the cup, flushing in embarrassment as James and Peter laughed at how they made horrible trackers despite their heightened senses.

         But their laughter died as soon as Remus' expression hardened, a gut-wrenching feeling when he further inspected its leftover contents. He could smell the hint of Baneberry; a poisonous plant. Dropping the cup on the table, he quickly grabbed the Marauder's map hidden inside James' robes and dashed out the Great Hall with Sirius quickly following suit, leaving a dumbfounded James and Peter.