Chapter 44: A Star's Rhapsody

— 𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕 🌶️

— 𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕 🌶️

        "What's got you giggling like a Cornish Pixie?" Sirius asks with a quizzical look as you stroll back towards the castle, your hands warmly interlocked with his. The snowflakes begin to fall, and you're washed by a sudden feeling of peace in such a serene atmosphere.

        "Just picturing Sirius, the notorious playboy, in a committed relationship," you reply with a chuckle. "It's a funny thought, if you ask me. I'd think the world had gone mad."

        Sirius laughs along with you, shaking his head. "Entering a relationship and planning to move in together all in the same month? It may as well have." He takes a deep breath, his voice dropping to a low tone. "But if it means having you all the same, I'm not opposed to it." He blinks rapidly, trying to backtrack his words. "Being together, I mean. I don't want to think about marriage just yet, so don't expect me to slip on a ring around that finger anytime soon."

        "No arguments here. And lucky for you," you say with a poke to his shoulder. "I'm not all that fond of jewellery anyway." Sirius raises an eyebrow to argue, his eyes landing on your neck just as you place a hand on the necklace that he and Remus picked out especially for you. "Well, except for this one, of course. I love it."

        "Good," Sirius says, a grin spreading across his face as he plants a kiss on your temple and whispers in your ear, his warm breath against the coldness of your ear makes you shiver. "I want it around your neck for everyone else to see, and know that you belong to us."

        To know that you were theirs, and that the hard-edged Sirius and soft-hearted Remus are yours in return.

        "I don't know, I like to imagine myself settling down," Remus chimes in, his voice full of longing.

        "Of course, you do," Sirius teases.

        Remus ignores him and goes on to say, "I can picture it too, a quiet, secluded place where we can run wild in our animal forms." A small grin slowly forms on his lips. "Maybe somewhere pleasant, quaint and far away from civilization."

        He imagines a quaint cottage deep in the forest; his soft playing of melody on the piano, Sirius catching up on his Muggle news, and you worriedly heading up the stairs towards a small faint cry in one of the rooms.

        "Whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves, mate," Sirius says with a hearty pat on Remus's shoulder. "One step at a time, okay?"

        You can clearly read what Remus is thinking behind his eyes, and the picture he painted was definitely appealing to someone whose life was on a clock.

        You weren't so opposed to living together all of a sudden.

        In fact, now, you couldn't wait.